Sat, Sep 21, 6:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Look

mickymouse ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 11:16 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:02 PM

Colors - sucks Design - sucks New logo - sucks The final selection of the logo was bad... I like the old one better. The marketplace couldn't have been any smaller, on a Laptop with a screen res of 1400x1050, it's REALLY small. The initial shock of a white background was laid to rest once I changed back to black in my profile. I hate the menu itemlayout selected for down the side... stupid pop downs. At least if you were going to do this, use some java and have some nice menus that pop down when you move your mouse over them. Overall - sucks

mickymouse ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 11:18 AM

btw - I also don't like the go button, come on, if you select a forum, it should just go there... why else would you be selecting it... just "go" once the user makes a selection.

nemirc ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 11:55 AM

I preffer to keep my comments to myself. All I have to say is that I changed the default colors already Message671422.jpg

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

mickymouse ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 4:52 PM

Hummm.... ok, maybe I did come off kind of strong. Let me try again... I just don't like it compared to the old scheme. It was nice to just scroll down, find Rhino and click. Not to thrilled with the pop-downs. I've managed to fix the colors and the logo wouldn't be my favorite, but I guess it works.

aspirinetu ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 7:53 PM

Completely against I think the new look is great. Maybe the colors. And it looks a little "empty" with the white background.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 6:24 AM

Er.. The pop downs DOES "go" when you select a forum. No need to press the GO button (I wonder why it's there at all) I like the new pop menus but that's just me. And I KNOW which forums I want to look at. A newcomer will be TOTALLY lost here I'm afraid. And the headers (trying to figure out if they have looked like that from the first day of the new colours... They're plain UGLY. Looks like they're cut out of a larger pic more or less randomly. They're not even the SAME cut out. Look at "Forums", then look at Web Ring Top 15. Almost the same, but a little askew. Looks AMATEURISH :o(

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

aspirinetu ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 8:10 AM

Last time I've entered I did from a public computer, and it has automatically logged in. Anyone can tell me why?

pauljs75 ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2003 at 12:56 AM

Good question. The go button is redundant, and probably not necessary. If it's possible, I think making the selection box and the text inside it a bit bigger and axing the go button would be a good idea.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.