Fri, Sep 20, 7:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: 3DS Files

L13RAF ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:09 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:46 AM

Dear All, Why when is it that when I import a 3DS file, ie a red rose with green leaves, in to Poser 4 and VUE 4 it opens without any colour at all. HELP. Steve

Holli ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 7:07 PM

Hello, I can't tell you why but in the past I learned its always better to use OBJ files for both Poser and Vue import. They make less material problems. And they are easier to re-color too. 3ds make some trouble when you use bitmapping. If you use 3d Studio to make the 3ds you can download a free exporter plugin at http://www.habware.at/duck.htm HTH -Holli

L13RAF ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 7:36 PM

Hi Holli, Many thanks for your help. Best wishes from England, Steve

Holli ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 7:39 PM

Hello Steve England ? well, not so far away form germany tell me, why are we fools staying up all night ? anyway, good night -Holli

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.