Thu, Sep 19, 7:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:21 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Quote on the Role of Reader and the Writer

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 7:46 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 7:16 PM

"Every reader finds himself. The writer's work is merely a kind of optical instrument that makes it possible for the reader to discern what, without this book, he would perhaps never have seen in himself." - Marcel Proust

Azha ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 8:11 AM

What I like in a good author isn't what he says, but what he whispers. * Logan Pearsall Smith Which is also what I find I like about most people. Azha !)

"Every line means something."
Jean Michel Basquiat

Azha ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 8:32 AM

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. (Thomas Paine) I just so loved the spirit and purpose of Paine's writing. so I thought to place this here.

"Every line means something."
Jean Michel Basquiat

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 8:43 AM

Thank you for posting. It's a great quote. And so true!

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 1:32 PM

Oh, that Thomas Paine quote is really hitting home right now! ;-) Thanks for the quotes.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 7:59 AM

"You think your pains and heartbreaks are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who have ever been alive." - James Baldwin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.