Sat, Sep 21, 6:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Survey for tutorial (animation) !

Phoul ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:10 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 2:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.belino.net/

Some nice people around here asked to me to write a new tutorial about complex camera movements in Vue/Mover animation. Ok, but sorry I need help...

I would like to know how many of you around here could be interested?

I need a screenplay. An idea. I kind of scene/set. But what? There is many ways to have a shot (I never used the same way/tricks for my shots). So, what kind of scene/set I should present or you'd like to see ?

Philippe

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:15 AM

Everybody Philippe, everybody is interested. Any tutorial you may do is interesting too. More, more !!! :-)Thaaaaanks. Guitta

Phoul ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:25 AM

Not sure. Never body said to me something about my first tutorials. I never see animations based on them. Nothing. So... Not sure 'any' could be interrested.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:29 AM

I have followed your existing tutorials, but my problem is that I cannot upload them (too big) and I had no time to play around with QT compression. Renderosity and my current work takes lots of time. But really, I would love (and I need!) new tuts from you:-). For sure I'm not alone.

Phoul ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:33 AM

Ok. I undestand you. But what?... Like I said at the beginng what kind of scene/shot ? An idea?

pixpax ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:37 AM

That sounds great! Scene ideas....hm....a walk in the forrest? Entering a cave/tunnel? I don't know your other tutorials, but I'll start looking for them right away! Animationtutorials are few!

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:40 AM

Personally I would like to see how you move the camera. Sample: like in your movie Fools Games, starting at the moment when the man tries to see what the "dead" has in his pockets. But also how you behave to "cut" a view and then go immediately to another one (in the above movie too). I'm not sure it is clear what I say??

Phoul ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:45 AM

'to "cut" a view'? Not sure to understand. You speak about edit? Made with adobe products in fact. I think you speak about something else. Can you tell me more? Is it about the point of view with change very quickly?

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:47 AM

Is it about the point of view with change very quickly? Yes, that's it:-)

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:48 AM

And the blur in your images when moving the cam...

Phoul ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:54 AM

the point of view with change very quickly?
Ah. Ok.

About blur? Are you joking ;-))) I can say now: Broacast quality renders. That's all. :-)

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 6:03 AM

No, not joking:-(.Feeling stupid, just stupid, because I cannot get it. Even not with broadcast. That's why all tutorials are so welcome. There are tricks we need to know for sure:-)

Ladyfyre-graphics ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 8:00 AM

I'd love to see a tutorial of your techniques Phoul! I've been playing with animation for a while but mine look very unatural and I'm too ashamed to show them anywhere ;) I have Vue, Mover 4, Poser Pro, Mimic 2(not Pro), Cinema 4D and Videowave BTW. I'd really like to see an animation of a walk in the woods or a cave scene as Pixpax suggested :) Alla

www.ladyfyre-graphics.com

• Poser freebies, tutorials and articles, gallery and lots of stuffage for the Poser and Daz|Studio Horses!

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 8:40 AM

I just started trying animations with Vue, and I'd be interested in seeing a tutorial. I'd like to see an animaton from the point of view of a person walking up to a house, going through the front door, walking through the house, then going down the stairs into the basement, turning around and coming back up the stairs. When he first approaches the basement stairway, the light is off and it's dark, but he turns the light on before going down. So it would be good for not only camera animation, but lighting animation as well.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 10:10 AM

You have to ask if we want one?? Your stuff is great! Yes, and the walking is good but I would also like to get a handle on Mover's shake option, like a dog shaking water. Don't know if that can be done. Maybe just take one of your recent scenes and do a tutorial of that. I know it's a lot of work and want you to know that it would be very much appreciated if you take the time to help the rest of us out. Thanks, Marque Hope this isn't too rambling, no coffee yet. 8^)

rosferatu ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 11:04 AM

I would love to see your tutorial. i am new to vue and this forum. looking forward to see what you come up with, the cave, walk in woods etc ideas, sound FAB!!!! -Ross

gaz170170 ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 12:58 PM

I love your animations, and any tips would be welcome

draklava ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 1:36 PM

Phoul - I would like to see how you track a car or plane - like the camera moves along with a stunt flying plane and then flys ahead. If a plane is too boring, how bout tracking a dragon :)

nick1 ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 2:11 PM

Hi Phoul, I would also like to see your tuts. They are really nice and a lot can be learned. TIA, nick

krimpr ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 2:29 PM

Me too Phoul! I think the "through the woods" idea is great. As a matter of fact I'm starting a long animation project in Lightwave right now (for fun) and had planned to try to do a "through the woods" section in it and had planned in starting to use Vue to do it with. This would be my first real dedicated Vue experience and the timing couldn't be better! Nice of you to offer; you do great work.

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:12 PM

Need I say 'me too'? Hell Yes! ME TOO! As for an idea....hmmmm....Something that involves both camera movement and object movement... Ah! What about this? An active maze. You could use one of the offbeat Poser characters, and have the walls sliding about outside of his/her viewing....but not ours. That would get the complex camera movements, and as the walls could be simple Vue primitives, that would cover object motion at the same time that the camera is in motion. That way it could be as simple as a cube that keeps getting in the way, or a series of actual maze like sections... And at the moment, I have the dual problem of not having webspace for posting to, and still being very much in the baby steps.

Phoul ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:28 PM

Thanks all for the messages.

Dale B, what is 'the offbeat Poser characters'? :-]

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 8:05 PM

The various robots, zombies, basically anything that isn't supposed to be 100% human. Of course, if you wanted to go with cute, Koshini would be the one to go with... :P I was just thinking about the fun of having one of the undead trying to get somewhere, and the walls shifting on s/he/it/ whenever they weren't looking at them. ;)

ablc ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2003 at 1:54 AM

Phoul, your tutorials is great but I have lot of rendering bugs with mover... but I keep working on it Laurent

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.