Fri, Oct 4, 10:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Heya.

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:50 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:18 PM

file_63147.jpg

Hi gang. After some personal stuff this weekend, I just put myself in my room and started doing things to take my mind off my troubles. This is the result. I don't know if I've handed the edgeloops properly but honestly, I think I really don't care right now. If I did great, if not, then when my mind clears up I will attempt to do this right. Thanks to my friend Loganarts for coming here and keeping the place alive. I appreciate it.

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:51 AM

file_63148.jpg

Have fun looking, the effect you see is lit wireframe.

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:52 AM

file_63149.jpg

ditto.

BazC ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 10:39 AM

You sound depressed mate!, sorry to hear that, hope things sort themselves out soon! Stylish model Teyon, got a sort of Rusian contructivist feel to it! What app is that, I like that lit wireframe look! Cheers - Baz

Valandar ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 10:51 AM

Dude, you are an awesome modeller no matter the proggy. Good luck and we're thinkin' of ya.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 12:01 PM

Thanks. I am a little depressed actually. The program is GMAX. Val, thanks again.

Slakker ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 11:32 PM

Amazing.

illicit ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 4:00 PM

Cool model,no doubt about it... I'm no expert on loops either, but you get an A for style Message671410.jpg

Poppi ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 7:53 PM

i care. you've helped me alot back in the rhino forum. by my standards, this is way cool. i've been trying to be learning all this topology and edgeloop stuff. because, in my heart i KNOW that it is the basic of organic lightwave modelling. you have alot more knowledge than i do...please don't get frustrated....i don't want to follow that. this model looks wonderful to me...but, i confess to having edgeloop dyslexia. pop...pop...Poppi

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 10:52 AM

file_63150.jpg

Thanks gang. Hi Poppi, nice to hear from you. I'm not getting frustrated, I've had some troubles and it got to me. I'm on the upside at the moment though. Thanks. I put this model down after getting a bit of the mouth done and went on to my "major" project. This is Exclamation-X a hero I came up with many years ago and modeled for the first time in Rhino some time back. Well, I have decided to put GMAX to use (I would've used LWDE but ya know...point limits) and remake him with polys. This is all I have so far but using the cylinder technique, I should be able to churn out a body fairly quickly. You can check out the character creator's forum for wires, concepts and stuff. See you all soon....and I really am feeling a little better. A little.

BazC ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 2:34 PM

This is great Teyon, not the kind of sinister style I associate you with so a nice surprise! Loads of character :o) - Baz

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 11:21 AM

Cool characters.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.