Fri, Oct 4, 10:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: I hate being idle so....let's have a show of hands for challenges...

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 9:39 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:18 PM

If you want one, just say AYE if not, say NAY. You can also take that time to make a single "quickie" suggestion for our very first challenge. I figure we should at least have a theme in mind before we move on. Thanks gang. I will try to check back in today for a quick count. If I'm not, I'll be back later in the week. I just hate being home and not doing soemthing, ya know?

The_Great_Dane ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 10:02 AM

well, I'm just a newbie but it could be fun to develop better skills this way...even though I don't think I could come up with something decent yet. tried to follow baz's tut and my responses so far from boyfriend is: ha ha ha.....he says it looks tragic, lol

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 10:08 AM

:)Well, feel free to pummel him should the mood cross your mind. It's all about repitition. Just like when you were learning the alphabet, the more you do it, the better you know it and can convey it.

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 10:20 AM

Aye! Would be a good idea to have a challenge, chief. But, as you know I still need to keep my head down till I land on my feet. I should be out of this transition phase by the end of next month. Thanks for bearing with me, Teyon. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

The_Great_Dane ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 10:21 AM

I most certainly will.....pummel him that is. Never heard that word before, I like it.

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 10:26 AM

I know the feeling, Moe. By all rights, I should be ona very extended leave but I can't sit around my house and not do something. My job has me on leave for another week. Not to worry though, I'm not going to start anything for awhile and will be bothering you for suggestions (read as: you can run but you can't hide). Well, Great Dane, I find myself using words most folks have lost interest in these days. Mayhap, it is a sign that I am truly a throwback from another era, as my sisters have said time and again. :)

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 10:27 AM

oh and Moe, should I count your vote three times then? lol.

laughingnome ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 10:53 AM

let the fisrt challenge begin lol stu

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 11:00 AM

Ooops... sorry bout that. My lousy dial-up has left me with a posting impediment... kinda like a stutter... specially when it rains. Suggestions for a theme... a carousel. I think that there would be enough organic parts and enough mechanical bits,m and still enough room for creative innovation. It will appeal to a lot of members, specially since it doesn't have much to do with guns. :oP It's only a suggestion... Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 12:11 PM

aye

BazC ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 12:31 PM

Aye! Alternative suggestion - a building. I've never done any architectural modelling and people can make it as easy or complicated as they want. A carousel's fine too though :o) - Baz

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 6:45 PM

Aye, It'll take me a while to get up to speed, but what the hey! I'd like to see a bridge challenge sometime. For some reason they have a special appeal to me . . . but buildings, carousels or whatever. I have to start pushing myself sometime. - TJ

illicit ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 11:02 AM

i think a carousel is a great idea!! so thats a AYE

Poppi ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 4:43 PM

the whole thing, with the animals, even?

unclebob ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2003 at 12:26 AM

Aye Captain, count me in.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2003 at 2:33 AM

I'll watch.LOL 8^)Having a problem with my new computer, the memory is not posting the beep. This computer has less than a gig of hd left. The new one has 2 thirty gig drives, but I cannot get it to kick over.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.