Thu, Oct 24, 5:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Does Anyone Have AdobePhoto Deluxe?

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 12:09 PM · edited Thu, 24 October 2024 at 2:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=425633&Start=1&Sectionid=8&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNe

I've a member who has uploaded some great work.....but she is having a hard time creating thumbs. No matter what she does she cannot get them to upload, and she is using this program. I know I have it buried on a disc somewhere, but wondering before I try to install it and see what the prob is if anyone else is using it? And if so how they get thumbs to work on Rendo..... Anyone?

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

starshuffler ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 1:39 PM

Hmmm... I actually do have this program, it came bundled with my scanner, but since I have Photoshop I didn't bother installing it. I'm assuming the file sizes are too big for R'osity to accept them? (*

ratto ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 1:55 PM

Ok.. I've had the same problem with Adobe Photoshop Elements. When the user saves a picture in .jpg format, the software saves also a "preview" IN THE SAME FILE... When U save a BIG file, the preview size is little if compared to the real picture size.. (some KBytes..) But when the picture is the thumbs the preview size is comparable with the image size.. Then I think the member must disable the preview saving.. I hope I'm helping :) Best regards and hugz, Ale ;)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 2:01 PM

@Starshuffler, she is following 'rosity guidelines for sizes on both resolution and size, but she keeps getting an error message. I'm going to point her towards this thread... Ale, thank you maybe that is the problem.......

--- michelleamarante.com

patmartj ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 5:27 PM

'Chell, I always have a problem with thumbnails. if I try to up load the same time as the image. I got around it by uploading the image and then editing it and up loading the thumb afterwards. It takes longer but does the trick. Perhaps she could try this? Hope it might help. Pat

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 5:33 PM

That is an excellent tip Pat.....thank you so much....!

--- michelleamarante.com

Misha883 ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 8:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.irfanview.com

...hmm, I've never had Pat's problem, but I have had a problem if the image and the thumb are named exactly the same thing. My guess is that Ale has the correct answer. There is a very nice free jpeg program at: http://www.irfanview.com

derick ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 2:30 PM

I've always had this problem, like ratto i use PS Elements and I have to do the same thing that pat does. i upload my image, once it takes i upload the thumb. kinda a pain but it does work. i have to try what ratto suggested and toggle off the preview option.

DHolman ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 3:33 AM

You might also check the way your program saves. If your program has a "Save", "Save as" and "Save for Web" then use the save for web. That strips out all the fancy new fangled stuff that can mess you up (saved previews, header stuff, etc.). -=>D

ratto ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 9:36 AM

Well.. My hint was wrong... DHolman is right! :)) I've found just now the "Save for web" menu voice and works also for me.. :)

derick ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 10:48 AM

I actually have been using the save for web button, i actually think you might have helped me out when i first had this problem but i still haven't figured out how and why i can't post thumbs and my image at the same time. I just say whatever, what i'm doing works it just takes a couple extra minutes. if anyone has any other ideas i'm always willing to try.

DHolman ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 9:35 PM

No clue...I have never had a problem posting my image and the thumbnail at the same time. What is the error message you get? -=>Donald

derick ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2003 at 11:29 AM

I don't get an error message, my thumbnail just comes in with a red X, and usually i have to delet the post because the site won't let me edit it. but like i said, it's not that big of a deal especially if i'm the only one so far that is having this type of issue. i'll just cont. posting and edit to apply the thumb. but if anyone comes up with some sort of solution i'm all ears

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.