Sat, Sep 21, 3:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: POSER 4 IN POSER 5

U91731 ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2003 at 12:09 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

I've just recently bought Poser 5. I also use 3D Studio Max. I realized when I do a rendering of Poser 4 figures I can see the seams of the poser 4 textures along the side of the body. Does anyone know why ? It is very obvious in 3D Studio and I was wondering if the mapping on the P4 figures was different in the Poser 5. I have downloaded and installed the 2 patches/upgrades from the Poser website. thank you.

Tomsde ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2003 at 3:25 PM

This is pure speculation on my part, but it may have more to do with what body morphs you used than being a P4 or P5 issue. I've noticed that I've seen seams in Vue d'espirit when rendering Poser figures that have been heavily morphed, the only cure for this I believe is post processing work with a clone stamp tool in an image editing program (something I always do anyway). Try rendering an unmorphed P4 figure in 3D studio max with the same lighting set up and compare. The other thing is that if you loaded the figure from the P4 runtime library instead of the P5 library it may make a difference. I believe that P5 has some figure updates for P4 figures built in.

Holli ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 10:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.atomic-knights.de

Some problems with seams come when you export a poser figure as 3ds. Better export as obj. This is not a default inporter for MAX but you can get a free plugin at http://www.habware.at/duck.htm maybe this will help

Tomsde ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 1:45 PM

Well in the case of Vue 4 it imports PZ3 files directly, so at least in my case it shouldn't be a file format issue.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.