Sun, Sep 15, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 12 11:40 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: June Challenge

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 7:30 PM Ā· edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 4:48 PM

The northern hemisphere is now moving into summer with the arrival of June, and to many of us, summer means VACATION! For the June challenge, let's see some vacation pictures. Perhaps something as simple as a seascape or mountain pic, or something incredibly elaborate, like an Italian villa! Your choice of software and any and all blends. Tells us what software you used and give credit where appropriate. Let's see how many different pieces of software we can have in the same challenge! Tres

Fractals will always amaze me!

CavalierLady ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 8:55 PM

Congratulations on winning the May Challenge with a very lovely entry, Tres! And what an interesting challenge you have come up with for June. It covers a broad spectrum of possibilities! Good luck!

Shoshanna ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:45 AM

So..when do the pictures have to be in? Shanna :-)

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 7:02 AM

We try to keep the challenges within the month. If we get near the end of the month and we have a couple folks asking for a day or two more, we'll generally give them time to finish their rendering and submit them before we start the voting. :) It's not on a 100% ridgid schedule. I try to be flexable. The main idea is to have fun, while trying new things/ideas. :)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 9:35 AM

Oh, and here I am, still without a computer!!! This one sounds like fun. Good idea!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:15 PM

Summer vacation here I come........this should be fun. 8) Catlin

lightpixel ( ) posted Sat, 07 June 2003 at 10:51 AM

What does this mean: "your choice of software and any and all blends"? Can that mean a vacation photo that has been digitally manipulated?

RimRunner ( ) posted Sat, 07 June 2003 at 4:51 PM

You can even just enter a photograph which conveys the theme. No real digital enhancements needed. If you look at last months, there was a awesome shot of flowers, just after the rain. No enhancements. It's actually the one I voted for :) We try to keep things as open as possible so that any/all forums here can take part in the challenges we present.

smoothcruzer ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 2:07 PM

mmm.......interesting challenge. But when and where do I submit my work ??? ..... sorry for askin such a stupid question .... but I'm new here.

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 3:35 PM

you can post a reply to this thread to enter the challenge. You can place your entry in the Challenge Gallery, then link to it here, or you can post in another gallery and link it, or you can just post the entry in the message here as well. Your choice. As to when, sometime before the end of the month.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 9:51 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12372&Form.ShowMessage=1278094

So no one misses them, lightpixel's entries can be found at this link.

lightpixel ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 10:31 AM

Thank you dialyn.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 10:32 AM

:) You might want to repost the links here. Well worth checking out. Thank you for participating! I hope to join in if I ever get my computer back (I've been without one at my house for more than a week now...I'm in deep withdrawal!!)

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 10:04 PM

Oh my! How are you remaining sane? I was without mine for 3 days and nearly lost it! My entry is getting there! Hope you are able to join in. Tres

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 9:49 AM

My sanity levels are growing smaller by the day (though some would argue that my stockpile wasn't great to begin with), but I am hopeful that Wednesday will bring my blue computer into my house so I can reconnect with the virtual world. :) I'm hoping to join in the challenge then.

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2003 at 5:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=422266&Start=1&Artist=tresamie&ByArtist=Yes

file_61594.jpg

Here is my Challenge entry for the June Challenge, Vacation. It's a tidal pool at the beach. Best of luck to all!

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2003 at 5:35 PM

I thought everyone had forgotten about this challenge. Beautiful entries. I guess I'd better get busy this weekend. Actually, I have an idea. I just need to get my misplaced files organized enough to do something with them. Great work, tresamie! I love your entries too, lightpixel (a nice change of style between the two). It's lovely to have such good photographs and graphics to choose from. :)

fractalus ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 11:01 AM

file_61595.jpg

Ponce Inlet, FL. Mostly unaltered, except there was an ugly "Keep off the dunes" sign which I removed using Picture Publisher. Taken with an Olympus digital camera.

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 11:12 AM

Wow. What a gorgeous scene. The light is just amazing. Nothing beats nature...and a good photographer's eye for a picture. :)

Shoshanna ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 9:12 PM
dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 10:11 PM

LOL!!! Too much fun, Shanna. I'm so glad you joined in. Love your graphic. :)

sailor_ed ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 10:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=423129&Start=1&Artist=sailor%5Fed&ByArtist=Yes

My first Challenge entry. I'm happy to be in such fine company! Hope you enjoy my image. Ed

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 11:37 AM

Thank you for joining in, and bringing a cool drink too! Your textures are great, and the unusual point of view. Oh, no...picking a favorite is going to be hard again!!! I might just need to take time over a cool drink to decide. Just what is in that glass, anyway??? ;)

ladynimue ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 12:24 PM

Wow, thanks for inviting me to take a look at what everyone has come up with so far for the June Challenge dialyn. These great images have brightened up my summer day :) ladynimue

Romantha ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:54 AM

Can we submit something that's already in our galleries?

sailor_ed ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 10:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=423129&Start=1&Artist=sailor%5Fed&ByArtist=Yes

Forgive me! I HAD to fuss with my entry and repost:-) Some minor postwork for contrast and brightness. Someone please HELP me stop!!!;-) PS the message reads: "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities." Mark Twain. Something that seems especially appropriate when enjoying nature in the summertime.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 10:29 AM

LOL! You can probably keep refining it until the last day, if that's your pleasure. :) Romantha, I don't see anything in the FAQ against entering something already in your gallery but I IM'd Rimrunner as the moderator so he'd be sure not to miss your question. I really have to get working on this.

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:47 PM

Hi Romantha, I had that question from someone else also, and RimRunner's reply was that although it would be nice to make something new, there is no rule about submitting an existing image. Tres :)

pstekky ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 2:34 PM

Attached Link: Sunset Ship

My upload attempt failed at imbedding an image, so I placed it in the gallery instead. I really want to give Fractalus credit, as it was that photograph that inspired this image. My work day was slow, so I figured a challenge entry could take up my slow time today. :) Thanks for the challenge and the inspiration for a nice image. It reminds me of the Tall ships when they sail around the Aberdeen area near where I live. (Pacific Northwest, USA)and to me, that means spring and summer are here.

pstekky ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 2:35 PM

Bah, Out of habit I put Poser, but this was done in Bryce, no post work at all.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 2:44 PM

That's very striking....the reflection on the water is particularly interesting. We have the Star of India parked here, and once in a great while, she gets to sail as she was meant to do. It is quite a stirring sight. In many ways, it seems a shame for her to be in the harbor most of her days when she looks so grand sailing free. Thank you!

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 11:04 PM
smoothcruzer ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 7:50 AM

Attached Link: Sunset beach

I made this a long time back.... sometime early this year. Just submitting it for u'll to see. :)

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 8:15 AM

Beautiful! Thank you for posting. That's my idea of the perfect place to take a vacation. :)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 12:58 PM

I love your image dialyn, I had forgotten about these little critters they look absolutely gorgeous. Catlin

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 3:32 PM

This is such a great challenge month! I'm so happy to see so many and varied types of software being used on the images submitted! I will have a really difficult time figuring out which image to vote for! Tres

Chudus ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 3:52 AM

file_61597.jpg

And my entry... hot sand, cool water :)

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 8:07 AM

Sigh...I wish I was going there instead of chasing a bus for work this morning. Lovely.

bluetone ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 8:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=429612&Start=1&Sectionid=7&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNe

I thought that this fits the topic well... VACATION! And even better, I was on a business trip. So, someone else paid for me to be there and I had DAYS with my family to play in Hawaii!! Life... is good. :>

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 8:25 PM

Ahhh...that's a nice photograph and my favorite place to vacation too! This is going to be a hard challenge to decide. :) But I love these vicarious travels.

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 3:55 AM

file_61598.jpg

I had forgotten all about this challenge, and now I can't make my mind up which image out of 2 quick ones to post. There are two feelings about holidays in this house Should it be for the kids

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 3:56 AM

file_61599.jpg

Or should it be for the more discerning adults who want to find a nice cool place and contemplate the scenery!

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 7:08 AM

Final few days of the month... anyone need a couple days to finish up ? Or should we do a 'last call'. ?

MadDog31 ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 8:04 PM

file_61600.jpg

Here's my entry for the challenge. It's one I did earlier to celebrate the lighthouses in North Carolina...but I've talked to many people since I've moved here and a lot go on vacations to go on a Lighthouse tour...so I figured why not help get the word out too on the cool places NC has to offer! Here's my entry!

MadDog31

TimTyler2001 ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 8:06 PM

file_61601.jpg

First entry, bare with me... This is the first picture i have ever made. It took me about 4 days to get it to this quality.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 8:10 PM

Good for you, TimTyler2001!!! I am glad you joined in. And that goes for MadDog31 and chohole too....delightful entries. It's a vacation just looking at all these graphics and photos. Tresamie...you picked a great challenge.....lots of choices, quite a range of techniques, and very hard to choose just one. Which is mar-ve-lous!!!

TimTyler2001 ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 9:36 PM

Oh ya for the picture I submitted; i used Brice to make all of the scenery, poser to make the models. Then i dropped it into photoshop for a little touch up. f.y.i : )

thomaskrahn ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2003 at 7:39 AM

May images that have been posted before here on renderosity enter the challenge?

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2003 at 7:41 AM

See message 28 - the answer would be "yes." But, hurry, before the voting starts. :)

Barbarellany ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2003 at 9:22 AM

file_61602.jpg

This isn't new, but I thought it might fit the theme. My photograph and Photoshop.

rocserum ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2003 at 5:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=413950&Start=19&Artist=rocserum&ByArtist=Yes

file_61604.jpg

G2/psp the caretaker,lots of skin to take care of

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.