Sat, Sep 21, 8:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Export Terrain Model as DFX in Bryce 3.0?

dragongirl ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2000 at 6:43 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 5:35 AM

All I can find in Bryce 3.0 is the ability to export models you make in Bryce as .obp The Bryce 3.0 (Bryce 3D) manual says on p. 128 that I can export objects as DXF - but when I follow the directions - all I get is the option to export an .obp file. I want to export my Terrain and Symmetrical Lattice files as DXF - to further manipulate them in Amorphium and Ray Dream. Also the tip given in this forum to go to the Smoothing "box" and use Contol+D - to export - makes absolutely nothing at all happen in Bryce 3.0 Is this DXF export an error in the manual? Or is there something I cannot find? Many thanks.

Art ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2000 at 10:15 PM

Dragongirl, I tried my ver.of Bryce 3 and found no provision to export an object as a .dxf. Bryce 4, however will allow one to export a terrain / lattice as a .dxf file. Unless someone has found a way or if you can convert the .obp, I'm afraid you'll have to go the way of Bryce 4. Check online first, but I did recently see it (Bryce 4) at a local computer show for $99.00. Regards, - Art -

toolman ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2000 at 1:19 AM

Some 3D Programs such as Rhino have an option to create a heightfield from a bitmap. By copying the greyscale image from the terrain editor in Bryce and pasting it into photoshop/PSP and saving it, you can then import this image to rhino and create a mesh. If you don't own Rhino there is a trial version available for download. Hope this helps... ToolMan.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.