Sun, Sep 22, 1:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Streets and Thoroughfares in Vue? Maybe a Boolean Operation?

norm1153 ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 2:32 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:33 AM

Greetings! I'm still pretty new at all this; I've been concentrating on getting P4 into Vue, and having fun, and all, but I have been putting off learning Vue. Now I'm ready to start constructing the first street scene. I'm wondering how to go about creating a street object. Textures won't be a problem, though. How do I create a street form? That is, sidewalks raised above the actual street... And intersections. I figure to make "panels" for a sort of "assemble them yourself" thing. Would I start with a flat surface, and then do a boolean operation to lower the street surface below the sidwalk surface? Perhaps I ought to create these pieces outside Vue -- wings3D, maybe. Any thoughts suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Norm

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 3:44 AM

Norm, have a look in our backroom. You find user tutorials for crossroads. Also go to www.sams3d.com, where you can find readt made road pieces. And, of course, you can create your own in another soft and import it as an OBJ. Guitta

sittingblue ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 3:55 AM

Attached Link: http://sittingblue.50megs.com/tutorials/terrainmap/index.htm

This is the beginning of the tutorial that Guitta was referring to as crossroads. The process maybe difficult for a beginner. If I was a beginner doing a street scene, I would propably find it easier import the objects instead of trying to map them.

Charles

Charles

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 3:58 AM

There is also a tutorial "Simple road in Vue". Don't forget, our backroom is full of ressources:-). Just click the link in the header. Guitta guittalogo.GIF
tutorials for beginners

norm1153 ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 6:12 AM

Thanks for all those good replies! Geez, I'd totally missed the BackRoom here. There are some good assets there. I think I'll do a little of all. I found Sams3d City Streets Pack -- only $12.95. I'll try that. Will also do the linked tutorial -- although some of the images failed to load; I got the broken link icons. And I didn't know Vue had a simple streets tutorial; will have to hunt that down. Anyway, I've got plenty of ways to go! Thanks, all!! Norm

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 7:35 AM

I IM you a little note, let me know what you would like to do....isn't Vue just great. Sharen

nick1 ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 5:42 PM

Guitta-the Backroom is a great resource, however I could not find the "Simple road in Vue" under your tutorial section. Is it somewhere in the Backroom that I might have missed? TIA, Nick

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 5:49 PM

Backroom-->Tutorials-->User tutorials-->Simple road in Vue goes to: http://www.ifrance.com/lga/ :-)Guitta

nick1 ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 10:03 PM

Thanks Guitta.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.