Thu, Sep 19, 4:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Rochr's Sun Rays Tutorial

MadDog31 ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 12:39 PM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 7:03 PM

Attached Link: http://3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/sunrays/sunrays_p1.asp

I was flipping thru Rudy's Web site yesterday and saw some of his tutorials, very impressed. Then I happened to come across his sun rays one over at 3Dtotal.com. Excellent tutorial but really the thing I got out of it the most was utilizing Photoshop to create deeper, more immersive textures. For those of you that are texture freaks like me and want more realistic-looking images, check it out. I enjoyed the lighting portion too (the main reason for the tut...haha)...very good tips and can't wait to use the techniques. MD

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 12:49 PM

...and i see that they still havent fixed that pic... :) Must point out, that the render in my gallery here (the original), have EmKays textures. 3DTotal offered me the texture cds for free, in enchange for this "tut", and who can say no to that... :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

MadDog31 ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 1:02 PM

Wow! Those texture CDs look awesome but I surely don't have the cash right now to get them. I'll have to stick to the freebie stuff there, which still isn't too bad. MD

jasonmit ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 1:28 PM

file_65182.jpg

I recently bought all three of them. I've only had a chance to explore the first volume. In this pic of mine, the couch, wall, and floor textures are from the first volume.

Pedrith ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 8:34 PM

Do you know if I have to pay royalties if I want to use the textures in a comercial product? Cool image.

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 11:38 PM

This goes for all 3 of them: "The contents of this 'Total Textures Vol1' CD are offered royalty free when used within a work of art. You may modify them in any way in order to conform them to your needs, however any such modifications are still derivatives of the original image and may not be sold or distributed as your own textures."

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Pedrith ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 5:12 AM

Thanks Rochr, now all I have to do is see if I can scrap together the money to buy them. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.