Mon, Oct 21, 10:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Please - is it safe to go ahead with SR3?

elgyfu ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 2:57 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:40 PM

Sorry to be a pest. I have received the SR2 update cd from Curious Labs but am unsure whether to use it - I remember there being horror stories here a few weeks ago. Could anyone confirm if the SR3 version is OK so I can install it. My copy of Poser 5 is quite stable at the moment, the only hassles are the VERY slow start up time and the walk designer doesn't work at all. I don;t want to make anything worse! Any info much appreciated. Thanks

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 3:09 PM

Well, you aren't going to get consensus on this one. My Poser 5 works fine with the latest update. I think there are some improvements. I haven't tried the walk designer, so I can't tell you about that. Still can't load up V-3 and inject her with morphs (use Poser 4 for that) despite the update and despite a new computer with much more memory and power (I dread M-3 coming, I really do). Anyway, aside from that, I've found the update has been working well on Poser 5. Now here come the opposing forces. ;)

elgyfu ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 3:11 PM

Thanks dialyn, I am ready!!!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 3:14 PM

For somethings it was great, and I had some weird stuff happen in renders, so I went back to SR2.1 which has been the most stable on my system. I had a crash and had to reinstall poser5 so that's when and why I went back to sr2.1, I only had a day or 2 to play with sr3 so I may have to give it more of a test period, but don't have time right now to beta it to see. I'd say if it works and you don't need the fixes of SR3, then wait, or install on different system if you can and play and be the judge yourself.

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 3:26 PM

Running SR3 .... Looks good to me :)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

compiler ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 3:55 PM

SR3 is good also here. Much more stable. The only problem is that it doesn't handle Python scripts the same way, so most script I used to use are now unusable...

ford3auss ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 4:40 PM

Im running SR3 with no problems, ive really had not had a problems with P5 full stop...

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:10 PM

SR3 was fine for me except for the screen resolution being designed for 1600x1200. I didn't want to adjust all my pz3's and didn't want to have to keep readjusting every time I went back to factory state so I reinstalled 2.1 and use that only. If CL ever fixed the resolution setting I'd use 3.

jas1746 ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 6:57 AM

SR3 is running fine on my machine. Do you have your V3 files located in your old P4 Runtime Folder? If so, the morphs will not inject in P5. I had the same problem until I copied the folder !DAZ from the Poser4RuntimeLibraries over to the same folder in Poser5. Now the morphs inject just fine! JAS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.