Sat, Sep 21, 7:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: I'm sorry gang ...

geep ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2003 at 11:54 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:31 AM

file_65002.gif

... but ... Dr Geep has lost his creative "spark." (and doesn't know where to find it) ;=[

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Gary Price ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 12:04 AM

From your picture, I would say you have not.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 12:05 AM

Oh, Dr. Geep....we missed you. Anything we can do to help?

wyrwulf ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 12:12 AM

I would say that you burned your candle down too fast with all the wonderful tutorials you posted. Take a break. It's summer. Go fishing, swimming, hiking, watch rollerbladers in bikinis. Like Gary Price said, you haven't lost the spark.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 12:13 AM

Have you checked beneath the sofa cushions? All sorts of things in there. Be sure to bring a gun, a machete, and a length of rope ....

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 12:20 AM

Don't worry Dr Geep! Darth Bikemouse and I are on the case -well, the 12-pack anyway! When Darth gets back from Mordavia, we'll do a physical investigation of the scene of the crime and see what we can come up with. Yes I said crime - We believe that this was no accident and that that your 'creative spark' was stolen in a similar manner to Austin Powers 'Mojo' perhaps by the no good Dr Eviler. I should say no more - the walls have ears you know. - now where did I put my magnifying glass? cheer up Geep! we'll find it. - TJ

Gary Price ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 12:24 AM

To expressively convey true emotions, in any medium, is real art.

Niles ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 12:54 AM

Just wanted to say Hi, hope you find it... and share it with us. Thanks :)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 1:12 AM

Welp if your pulling your hair out trying to get your creativity going..... How about creating some hair using only poser!!! I'm not talkin Poser5 hair, I'm talkin real true grit modeled hair! or not. Thanks for all your time and effort, the tutorials are truely amazing and helpful.

ladynimue ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 2:57 AM

SoooOOoo wonderful to see you back Dr. Geep ;] We missed you bunches. Hey everyone - Lets have an in-forum mini contest! Help Find Doc's Spark! Prize: seeing Doc's Tutorials again [everyone is a winner] Post your creative ideas here as to what you would like to see the Doc create next! This will be just TOOOOoo much fun :) So Far we have one entry - 1.MachineClaw How about creating some hair using only poser!!! I'm not talkin Poser5 hair, I'm talkin real true grit modeled hair!

freyfaxi ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 5:21 AM

Welcome back - hope someone finds the flint to get your spark back. As some have said - It's good to take a break for a while

who3d ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 5:33 AM

Don't DO that - from the subject line I was afraid you were actually giving up your postings here - now THAT would be a crime! Cliff Bowman

SimonWM ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 7:55 AM

Dr. Geep, you are finally back. We need you, I think your spark might be hidden in a Poser 5 box or perhaps it might be at DAZ3D trying to find out more about their upcoming DAZ Studio. No 3D instructional book I have purchased has been as clear or entertaining as your tutorials. If you need a break, take a break but please cheer up, you are one of the true giants of this community.

Shademaster ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 8:10 AM

SimonWM took the words right out of my mouth, if one of my friends doesn't know how the p4 lighting works I just tell ehm: Search for Geep and you'll find it! Just take a nice holiday without computers and I can assure you that after your first week you'll start missing it so bad that you want to go home whatever it takes! Hope that helped man. :)

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 8:57 AM

Hopefully your spark will be rekindled by all of our eyes lighting up to see a post from you. I have missed you and your wonderful tutorials. Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 10:14 AM

From your post I thought the law had finally caught up with you and you were going to be "away" for a while. Glad it's not that. Anyway, I know what it's like to lose one's inspiration; I've suffered writer's cramp many times. Relaxation, time, and a couple browsings through Barnes And Noble usually help me. Good luck to you and thanks for all you've done.

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 12:16 PM

I'm SO glad you're back :D You were really, really missed around here! And as for your missing spark, I'll share my method: I go somewhere that has multiple art galleries or print shops and wander around, letting all the images flood my mind for as long as I can. Failing that, I browse all the galleries here, not just the Poser one. Either way, it seems to recharge my batteries...and that's where sparks come from, right, Doc ;) And it's so weird--believe it or not, just before I clicked on this thread, I was wondering if I could figure out how to make a hair model myself, in Poser....! I swear, when I read MachineClaw's comment, I got chills--the idea must be floating around in the Ether today.... <({Big Hug})>

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 12:51 PM

I know the feeling. Go outside - the real outside - the one with trees and grass and stuff. Find some place quiet. Sit down on the grass and lean against a tree. Close your eyes and just take the day off. Repeat as necessary.

compiler ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 1:13 PM

Hi Dr Geep, it's so good to hear from you again ! You've been sorely missed this side of the Atlantic... No need to be sad because your spark has taken a break. You're a great person and you have helped so many of us, beginning with me. We can wait till you recover. Please just drop by from time to time to say hello. You have friends here.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 1:16 PM

Wheee! The good Doctor is back in town! Don't worry about losing your spark; it will come back in time. Maybe you put yourself under too much pressure to be entertaining and educational. Buddy, you have contributed more than your fair share of fun and learning to this community. We have all learned a hell of a lot from you. So, sit back and bask in your glory. Take it easy, and just have fun. You'll always be welcome, whether you're making tutorials or not. Welcome back, sir.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 5:17 PM

Great to see you back. Maybe those pesky Poser gremlins stole your spark. You wouldn't be the first. Go out and have some fun, once the gremlins get board of their joke, I'm sure you will get your spark back. Welcome Home.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 11:07 PM

... before the snow flies. ;=|

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2003 at 11:09 PM

... a heart felt Thank You to ALL who replied in this thread. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 5:45 PM

Dr Geep, I'd shake you by the shoulders if you didn't live a thousand miles away. You were liked and respected in this forum long before you started doing the tutorials. A word of advice here, a measuring stick there, and never an unkind word. Just be yourself. Relax. You are naturally helpful and when you see someone struggling with a concept, you can jump in with a word of advice or not. You don't have to pay for admission by entertaining and educating us daily... you've already done so much good for the community... the important thing is that you are well and among friends. After shaking some sense into you, I'd give you a hug. We were worried. Carolly

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 6:18 PM

Exactly! . . . Well; I wouldn't shake you by the shoulders.

HeavyRay ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 9:22 PM

Add my name to the list of "concerned" students! I forgot whom, but someone chatted with you, and you were then busy on some other projects - I assumed that explained your absence! Sorry to hear you're in a 'blue funk', and though this sounds selfish, we all can't wait for your return!!!!! Ray

FireHorse ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 3:54 AM

Just like to say that your tutorials were totally awesome. As other people have said, there is no 'need' for you to continue although many of us would like to see you continue. Just follow the previous suggestions to get your 'spark' back. In the meantime, just sit back, relax and just keep pointing newbie's to the wonderful work you've already done :-)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 5:39 PM

"Exactly! . . . Well; I wouldn't shake you by the shoulders." Nor would I. But if you're ever over in the UK, I'll happily buy you a beer or two. :)

My Store

My Gallery

mikachan ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:12 PM

With that kind of GREAT facial expressions, I think I'll work on losing my spark! I think it's wonderful!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 9:00 PM

Well, I think it's high time he started to use M2, transmapped hair and the Millennium Beard, because I sure as hell am gonna do that when I feature the good Doc in one of my images. :)

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.