Sun, Sep 15, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: Abstraction.....Not A Challenge Entry...... Thinking........

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 10:31 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 6:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12379&Form.ShowMessage=1317715

file_65461.jpg

A statement made by Jordy in this thread linked above...made me think.... Is as he says "So, to create an abstract shot I just need to spend the day with my camera on Macro mode?" and then..."I may be having difficulty with abstract because of the conditions I'm imposing on the very term 'abstract' - I'm looking for something *out of the ordinary* to be abstract. With art it's easy. You create the abstraction, you have full control over it - thus the little red circle and Big Black Box are created to be an abstract picture - with photography I think it's something you really have to *work* at finding" While I think that macro images lend themselves to being abstract by their sheer ability to get close and become non-representational, they do not have to be macro shots....and I think Jordy is on to something here too.... This image here taken during my trip to Florida.... for me an abstraction, and out of the ordinary..... does Jordy agree?

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

enax ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 11:38 AM

I like this shot!

Misha883 ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 12:25 PM

What the hell is that? ;-)

rocserum ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 5:49 PM

Barnett Newman ( Whos Afraid of Red, Yellow and Blue)did'nt better, Its a powerfull challence entry. RS

PhrankPower ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 11:31 AM

Can't always define it, especially when it comes to my work, but I know one when I see it, and THAT'S an abstract! Damn good one too.

JordyArt ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 12:33 PM

Eh? Did I say that? Musta popped an intelligent pill, hunh? he he.... As to your question, Yes, I'd say this counts. While I think it's a roofline, it's not one in the way that we would normally associate a roofline to look like - ergo, it's abstract. I'm gonna post something very soon that this has reminded me of.... (",)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.