Sun, Sep 22, 6:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Da Woiks

DHolman ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 3:02 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:30 AM

file_65708.jpg

Shot of the old gas works in Gas Works Park (Seattle). Taken while waiting for the Summer Solstice pageant to start. Gonna have to go back there during good weather and shoot a roll of this thing. It's so cool, rusty and somewhat ominous. -=>Donald

DHolman ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 3:02 AM

Oh yea, and this is only part of it.

FlipFlop ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 5:56 AM

I think it might be an idea to do a shoot during bad weather, like having the structure all wet from lashings of rain, some close ups of the rust with droplets on it which reflect the light. just a thought. FlipFlop.

Misha883 ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 8:13 AM

Looks like a wonderful place for exploring. And it is good to see that your two weeks of drought are over, and the Seattle folk can again feel comfortable under the cloud layer. I'm looking forward to your Midsummer's Night photos dancing in the rain.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 8:31 AM

For some reason I thought of Willy Wonka when I saw this...so where are the wrinkled naked people photos you promised...

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 1:39 PM

Wow....this is brilliant!!!! How much do you charge for sneaking over the fence and graffitti'ing my name on it? lol (",)

DHolman ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 2:22 PM

@David - I'd like to get a better sky behind it. Actually, what I kept thinking is that I'd love to go back at dusk and do some timed exposures of it with a better sky behind it. Think I might do that. @Flip - Bad weather? In Seattle? What're you, crazy or something? Some people. heheh @Misha - Yes. The people here were getting a little antsy with the super high temperatures reaching 81 degrees. I found several passed out on the street trying to ring water out of nearby plants. :) @Michelle - It's these darned shots of the pageant. They're taking forever. I shot them using Fuji Press 1600 on an overcast day so they are grainy as hell. So they are taking forever to clean up. :/ @Jordy - $10/letter, $15 if it's a bad word. $20 if you insist on spelling the word(s) with useless letters (you know, like "colour", "analogue", "mediaeval"). :) hehe

FlipFlop ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 2:29 PM

Sorry my bad, but i live in England home of the rain cloud. so if u ever want to borrow one i'd be happy to bottle it up and send it over.

DHolman ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 2:32 PM

file_65709.jpg

This is one of the pagaent ones I just finished. It stopped raining about 10 minutes before this, heavily overcast and we couldn't get any closer so I'm handholding these with the lens at about 180mm trying to get my flash to put a little light onto the subject with shutter speeds fast enough to freeze the action. If there was a recipe book for grain, that'd be in it Dunno how long I'll keep at these before scanning in the parade ones. I am so tired of scanning at this point. It's great for a few shots, but when you have over 100 frames it becomes tedious. I simply can't wait for my new digital camera. -=>Donald

doca ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 8:56 PM

This thing is awesome. Very techno-something. I'd love to turn it into a house and live in it. I could build androids and frankenstein monsters. It needs lightning bolts and maybe a more forbidding ground to rest on, a mountain or rocky area or maybe an ocean scene? Love it, please take more.

cynlee ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 11:39 PM

hey, those are interesting werks! could make for some cool abstracts- sorry bout the rain but look fwd to seeing more from the pagent you're gonna luv having a digital as much scanning as you do

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.