Sat, Sep 21, 10:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: laoading a scene

nick1 ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 2:25 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

Hi All- This question has been asked before and I tried to locate it to find my answer, but no luck. I just downloaded a "no-lite" scene that I found on one of the tutorials and tried to save it in my " personal" folder. Now when I go to File>open> and I click on the personal folder to load the scene, on the dialog box I don't see a thumbnail of the scene(even just a black background)and on the top of the dialog reads "Empty Collection".However, when I click the File botton at the bottom of the dialog and then click the "personal" folder, I can see the "no-lite" file and can open it. How can I get my "personal" folder to show the thumbnail of this file inside the dialog? Many thanks, Nick

MightyPete ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 2:36 PM

You got to render it then save the scene. It makes a thumb out of the last rendered image. That's the best way to have it set up. In the options though you can set it to render thumb on save but beware saving will then take forever somtimes. Best is to just set the render quality to a lower setting and render a little picture 640 X 480 say then save the scene file. It will make the thumb out of that.

nick1 ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 5:58 PM

MP- I think I alteady did that and there was nothing saved in my " personal" folder. I will try it again. Thanks,

nick1 ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 6:08 PM

MP- I just tried what you said. Still no go. I loaded my "no-lite" scene which is basically nothing and it is set for no ambient light conditions, specially interior scenes. I then rendered the image in the Main Camera View window and saved it in my "personal" folder. The dialog then said that a file with that name already exist and if I want to override it. I said yes. Closed the Vue and opened it again. Went to File> Open> click on the personal folder, and it still says" Empty Collection". What am I missing here?

nick1 ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 6:38 PM

MP-Never mind. I figured it out. I created another "personal" collection/directory and saved the file to the new collection and it worked fine. The original collection must have been corrupted somehow. Back to work. Thanks again.

MightyPete ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 11:39 PM

Good thing you figured it out. I had a busy day today and just got back on line now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.