Fri, Sep 20, 6:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Well I'll be a monkey's uncle

jarm ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 3:11 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:54 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=jarm

I was just perusing Renderosity, as I do most of the time when online and tostonishment I came across the writer's forum. As I'm on Renderosity most day's I was stunned I hadn't noticed it before. Anyway, now that I know its here, I'll say hi. Hi I've been a writer for over ten years, both fiction and non-fiction. I've had a few pieces pubished in magazines, but by and large it's short stories, usually of a cyberpunkish theme and all for fun. Check out my gallery for images and stories, quite a lot of my images have short stories attached. I welcome comments, both good and critical and I hope I can give a little of my wisdom to people in the forum as well as taking wisdom from you lot. My latest piece is here http://www.mail2web.com/cgi-bin/redir.asp?lid=0&newsite=http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=439160 I have also attached a link to my gallery here. I also maintan, when I have time a collection of short stories at www.tubeville.org though I haven't posted any new stuff for a while Best wishes and I hope you enjoy my work as I am sure to enjoy yours. Jody (jarm)

tien_avielle ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 4:07 PM

Welcome aboard, Jody. I am a newby, too. (probably the oldest woman at Renderosity). All is quiet at the forum in past days, with the moderator currently distracted and the American holiday. I'm hoping that interaction picks up in a few days. Regardless, there is plenty to do here, including posting and adding to the challenges. So, browse, post, enjoy. I hope that more people find this place! ~Tien

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 4:23 PM

Welcome! I've been around for about a year. I don't know that tien is the oldest woman at Renderosity...I'm surely in contention. We can always use more writers and artists. Browse the forum. Check out the challenges. And jump right in and participate. We don't bite. Well, not until we know you real well. ;)

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 3:53 PM

I think the summer time tends to be a bit quieter on the boards. It just seems like there's so much more to do right now with everyone taking vacations or being overworked while every one else is taking vacations, so there's a little less participation on the forums. We're one of the smaller forums here, but what we are missing in numbers, we make up for in skill and personality. And there may be a few upcoming ... things ... that make the Writers' Forum a little more noticeable. Welcome aboard!

tien_avielle ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 4:14 PM

Just a side-note...truly, anyone reading this should go visit Jody's site at www.tubeville.org. (Jody aka jarm started this thread). I was really impressed, and hope to see Jody post writes and art to this forum. I only read two parts of one of the stories there, but it's great stuff - everything is very well done, including site design. Check it out, please.

Shoshanna ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 7:56 PM

Hello jarm and welcome to the writers forum :-) Your site is indeed well worth a visit, so I shall look forward to seeing your posts in the future. I knew we should have put an exclamation mark in front of this forums name and bumped ourselves to the top of the list:-) I'm not around much at the moment (for dull personal reasons) but I like to think of myself as one of the regulars of our little forum. I always read everything that gets posted here even if I don't get much time to post anymore. Hope to see you around. Shanna :-) wondering what ...things... might they be Crescent? Sounds mysterious, in a mildly worrying way.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 8:03 PM

Well, we know we are getting a new community because that's on the front page of the Renderosity site. So I'm thinking maybe we might even get our own gallery one of these days. Not worried at all...Crescent comes up with good things for us. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.