Thu, Sep 19, 4:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: interesting bryce failure...

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 10:06 AM ยท edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 6:19 PM

so i'm happy as a clam with the link AS gave me, I'm ready to render the planet for my backdrop instead of layering it behind in photoshop, everything's fine, it takes 30 seconds to load (8000x4000 or something like that for a planetary texture of the earth)... but it's working. of course, i'm not happy with it, toil at it for the past 4 hours or so, and then i just decide to photoshop it around because the planet just looks fugly. But then halfway through the textures start giving me trouble. Either they get stretched beyond belief, or they stop behaving correctly in terms of light and so on... what i think happened was that all textures I had were stretched to the size of the gigantic (independently, it's not like i hit select all or anything). so yeah. bah to closeup planet rendering in Bryce. You have to be REALLY good to pull it off, not to mention have a computer that screams pixels rather than the POS 1.7gig p4 i have. multiple-processors anyone? Drac

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 10:07 AM

*of the gigantic one.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 11:07 AM

hmm..on the other hand, you could do close orbit pics in Terragen (free), and import them 2d to Bryce..worth a shot. (or even save the Terragen renders as .lwo, and bring into Bryce..)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 11:41 AM

i was looking to make a planetary rim shot... but meh. interesting idea about terragen. but i still need clouds and an atmosphere, and bryce just isn't behaving properly enough to pull it off today. drac

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 1:38 PM

My copy of Bryce does not like textures over 2400x2400. It crashes on me every time.

Pedrith ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 9:06 PM

Hi. What is terragen and do you know where I can find it? Is it for mac or is it win only? Thanks. :)

wildman2 ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2003 at 12:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.rcscs.co.uk/terragen/

http://www.rcscs.co.uk/terragen/

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2003 at 6:20 AM

file_66110.jpg

This is a scaled down pic of my desktop background I made in Bryce4 a while back (using a pokey 800MHz computer.) In my case the texture source images were only 2000x1000px. Never could get the transparencies to work right on the cloud layer source map. I think it looks decent enough for a desktop image though.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

burgi ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2003 at 3:22 PM

i run bryce 5 on a piddly 333 celeron with 196mb of ram and a shoddy install of winamp that likes to kill the OS every 2mins (the os being win98 SE). stop complaining! i can cope fine with the piccys, why can't you! John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.