Sat, Sep 21, 1:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Help with lighting please :)

SothArtist ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 10:48 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:41 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... my problem.. I have not been able to find a message about this so I need to ask here. I did how ever find a few interesting things in my search so I learned something atleast :) I have 3 spotlights in a scene. I saved the scene and also saved the lights in the Lights section. The prob is when I load the scene with the lights or load the scene and then bring the lights in, the distance start and end dials are set to 0 and I cannot move the distance start or distance end dials further than 1.000. This is a complete pain because the effect I want in the seen needs the distance start and end paramters to work. I don't want to really have to redo the lights everything I work on the scene. Thank you kindly in advance :)

SothArtist ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 10:52 PM

Opps, correction, everytime I load the scene again or lights seperately, the lights are set to 1. I said 0 in the ladt post.

SothArtist ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 10:55 PM

One more point of Note. When I try and type a number greater than 1 the popup says 'This field only accepts numbers between 0 and 1.

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:05 PM

file_66464.jpg

Not normal. Is it just this set or are all your lights limited the same way?

Select an offending light and double-click one of the Dist dials to see the limits settings. Default spotlights should appear as above.

SothArtist ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:13 PM

Wow it's you Nance :) Hehe it was one of your suggestions I learned from while searching for this prob, about using the shadow cam to help with the gap between a figure and shadow. That works really well. And what you just told me then solved my prob! Your a gem :) Thank you!

SothArtist ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:16 PM

And sorry, it's just this set that is causing probs. But you fixed that for me :)

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:34 PM

A Double! WhooHooo! (Just got back from a ball game)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.