Sat, Sep 21, 6:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: OFF TOPIC, please help with Burner problem!!

schnaps ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2000 at 11:29 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:24 PM

I know it's off topic, but I deeply value the opinions of this forum and it also seems to be much more popular than the others and I could use a quick response. Question: Does anyone know how to convert mp3 files so that they can be burnt on an audio CD for PLAY on a regular CD player like Car and/or Home? Please help, I know how to burn WAV. files and I can put mp3 files on a Data CD, but I want to know how to do mp3 files on an AUDIO cd. Thanx ahead of time and sorry about the off topic post! Schnaps

cooler ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2000 at 11:35 PM

I don't know what kind of burning software you have but Acaptecs' Easy CD Creator, (I got ver 4 with my CDR-W :-), has a feature called "Spin Doctor" that regognizes mp3s' as music files & makes an audio CD out of them.

Quikp51 ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2000 at 11:57 PM

Keep in mind that not all car/home audio lasers will read cd-r or cd-rw formats. The new Pioneer's will. Your best bet is to try and get specific audio cd blanks or try to find silver or yellow backs. A lot of car/home lasers cannot read blue/green/red backs.

Futureman ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 12:01 AM

If you can spare the space on your hard drive and dont want to go out and get all new burning software, just convert the mp3's to WAVs, and then burn like you usually do. Winamp has a built in Mp3 to Wav converter (Select Out to Disk under the output option in preferences) and presto, proceed as usual. Also remember to close the disk when you've made a cd to be played in home and auto, some players have problems with that too. good luck!

schnaps ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 1:11 AM

I have Adaptec Easy CD creator but I can't find the "Spin Doctor" thing. Help me please. Schnaps

cooler ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 1:32 AM

schnaps I have the "deluxe" version 4 of Adaptec if you have the same to get to "Spin Doctor"... at the open screen click on "audio CD"... you should get a menu of "audio CD" "spin doctor" & "back to main"

schnaps ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 1:41 AM

Okay, I have winamp running and I chose the plugin for WAVE output, how do I get it to export??? Schnaps

schnaps ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 2:25 AM

SWEET, got it, thanx guys!!!! Schnaps

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2000 at 8:28 AM

If Adaptec came with your burner, you probably don't have Spin Doctor, but Winamp and others have MP3 conversions to .wav as said above. I have the Adaptec/Easy CD writer that came with my HP burner and I haven't found the spin doctor part. Winamp isn't the only converter though--search on ZDNet site for a variety of freeware apps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.