Fri, Sep 20, 1:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: tipical newbie question, sorry!

ebsmooth ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 12:13 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:38 AM

hello all, i am new to vue d'esprit, i just got it a couple of days ago. i want to create a river but i do not want to see the water plane past the ground plane, if that makes any sence. i am trying for a jungle scene with a river running through it. i looked at the tutorial on Guitta's world and that helped a lot. thank you for making that tutorial available by the way. any help will be apreciated, thanks in advace for the assistance! eb

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 12:18 PM

What do you mean in saying i do not want to see the water plane past the ground plane?? Oh my English!! Do you have a small test render to show how it looks and then explain a little more what you want to get? Do you want to say that you don't want to see the ground plane through the water?? Guitta

ebsmooth ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 12:30 PM

sorry about it being unclear. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=441178&Start=1&Artist=ebsmooth&ByArtist=Yes this is not the picture in question, as i have not even started it yet. if you look at it you can see the water past the groung where the dinasour is, that is what i am trying to get rid of. so in other words i want there to be land where the water plane is. picture it as a river running through the middle of a jungle where it is no where near an ocean. still not sure if that makes any sence. thank you for the fast responce!!!

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 12:53 PM

file_66544.jpg

OK. Your dinos in the image are not on the ground. Grab each one and then select "drop objects" (the last small icon at bottom left. This will make sit the dinos (or any other object) exactly on the terrain. This was not your question, OK:-) When you create something like a river in a terrain, this affects only THE terrain. I understand that you want a terrain where the water plane is (behind or/and in front of the dinos). Thatfor you need to create other terrains to fill the spaces. In this sample I have used 5 terrains. In the background they are mountains. In the foreground I have flattened the terrains. Does this help you? If not, please feel fre eto ask for more. Guitta

ebsmooth ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 1:05 PM

yeah i realized the dinos were not on the ground after i posted it, oops! yes that answeres my question perfectly. i was not sure if that is what i should do, add more terains to the scene. i thought there my be another way to do it. thank you both for the assistance. you can be sure you will be seeing my again here. i tortured the bryce forum now it is your turn. thanks again for the time and help! eb

FearaJinx ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2003 at 9:10 AM

Guitta is such a tremendous help! Thanks Guitta! Thanks for helping me and I speak for others too!! Johannah

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2003 at 10:09 AM

Thanks Johannah, you all are very welcome:-) Guitta

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.