Fri, Sep 20, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: a little mini contest

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 7:58 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:57 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=442634

I need a poem for this pic. Write me one I can add to the image in the blank area and if selected I'll give ya my planet packs props. Something sexy :) One winner choisen by me. No time limit untill I get one I like :) geo

romanceworks ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 11:04 PM

She Needn't Speak At this moment I am weak She needn't speak I hear the call ... of her baby doll smile ... I'd give it all ... to kiss this wild child Meanwhile ... She needn't speak. Dedicated to geoegress 7/10/03 2003 L.J. Heart - All Rights Reserved Thought this might be better.

tien_avielle ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 7:46 AM

I haven't even seen the image, but Meico has me swooning (-: Lol, glad to see my idea taking off - thanks for the challenge!

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 9:41 AM

wow- this is good stuff guy- keep em coming- :)

jstro ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 1:18 PM

meico, I just love your stuff. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

Oshio ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 6:14 PM

PROUD WOMAN All the words she cannot say Why she let him get away Walking tall, standing proud Words once said, fall onto crowds. Take her hand and walk away For you know she cannot stay Words once said , fade away This proud woman , born today Copyright MMIII

http://www.songcastmusic.com/profiles/Oshio

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 8:42 PM

Straight-shouldered, poised, turned slightly to the side, She views the mirror with a quiet pride. These her proportions, her familiar face, Her bearing with its simple youthful grace, May not be perfect in each viewer's eye, But they are hers. Let him who will decry Some feature as too large, or some too small. This is her body, and not his, withall. She'll not apologize, she'll not feel shame For not refashioning herself to be the same As any other woman. She alone Is measure of the form to which she's grown. They call it self-posession, and it's true: She owns herself, as no one else can do.

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 9:59 PM

wow

angellro ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 11:22 PM

Fire Beauty Bared, born in fragile grace, eyes conceal but cannot veil the desire. Hidden within, yet not so very deep, is the yearning to test this fire. The bounty of such regal abundance, beauty clothed, but not in earthly attire, gowned in perfection, bared for all, the yearning in testing this fire. Varied in difference, yet at glance the same, her eyes it's there, silent and tired, the wonder of knowing burning's possession, in the proffession of proud fire. Tethered but not bound, bound but not claimed, if forever in a chain that will never expire. Determined yet shackled by it's misuse, the protection of this flames fire. -Angel/03

sleiqu ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 10:33 AM

Eternity A moment never again to be A spirit inexplicably free A past so vague and yet explicit in design That this soul's very future it may dare divine Her eyes a piercing 'membrance of the lines From which her nature heralds, and defines Her posture, poise and every living breath As if that breathing shan't e'en halt for death From generations long lost to the ground The woman's bloodline once again is found Her body supple, yet ageing as a shore Battered by the waves of years before Youthful confidence a thing which she exudes While showing, too, a wisdom formed in feuds Experience and virginity combine She the product of when these two align Her head held high, her image etched in time Such lofty presence oft denotes a crime Yet purest innocence is all she knows Her essence, as a glowing aura flows Through time's cold passage, warmth she brings - a light A radiance how dazzling and how bright That moment chiselled in eternity That spirit granted life to a degree Exceeding time, death, and the heav'ns on high Though that same time doth swiftly pass it by

sleiqu ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 10:37 AM

my vote would go straight to aprilrosanina. Awesome piece!

sleiqu ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 10:45 AM

Speech Never again to be so misleading Emotion Never again to hold sway on all thought Touch Never again to be permitted so easily Warmth Never again to be felt from another's hands Pleasure Never again to be received so casually Life Never again to be taken for granted Love Never again to be soured by history

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 12:03 PM

Deep thanks to geo and sleiqu from the near-terminally insecure aspiring poet. :)

meico ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 1:04 PM

Yes ... I agree with sleiqu - aprilrosanina's the one!

gambler1650 ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 1:35 PM

I'll add my vote with those above for aprilrosanina's. Somehow the pacing and tone of the poem match the quiet, serene confidence of the woman in the picture. Truly writing that portrays the image. sleiqu's "Eternity" also works quite well for many of the same reasons.

sleiqu ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 1:35 AM

Thanks gambler...I'm 15yrs old and its been a while since I've done any 'creative' writing/poetry...well, maybe not so long compared to some of the others here (6 months-a yr)....but too long for a 15yr old who loves words and wordplays! I'm a little rusty...hopefully this forum'll help bring me back up to scratch!

gambler1650 ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 11:39 AM

Wow.. 15 and able to write like that while considering yourself rusty. The only 'poetry' I ever come up with is a phrase or two when describing something. Actually trying to write poetry doesn't work for me, my mind doesn't work that way it seems, so those who are naturals at it get my utmost respect.

vlaaitje ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2003 at 3:02 AM

poem for image: A Proud Woman When I look into your eyes When I look into your eyes then I feel the need for love they are sending me a message all this love comes from above When I think of that man where these eyes belong then I'm very sure my feelings are never wrong When I think of the person that lived behind these eyes my heart is beating faster it doesn't tell me lies Written by Ilona Krijgsman

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 6:28 PM

Hello one and all- It's been a little over two weeks now- so I guess everyone who is going to enter has. First I'd like to thank each of you for your really great poems- one and all deserve a big round of applause and a big pat on the back- well done :) Now- to announce the winner drum roll please........................................... aprilrosannina for post number 7. Congratulation :) april; Check your IM april for the prize links :) I'll add that to my pic with your name soon geo

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 7:15 PM

Thanks so much! Especially considering the very high quality of the other entries! And they say poetry is dead. :)

gambler1650 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 8:28 PM

Congratulations aprilrosanina! As mentioned above, I agree with the choice, but others were very good too. :)

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 8:52 PM

If I may say....effen awesome, april!!!

vlaaitje ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 2:28 AM

Congratulations aprilrosanina! the others were very good too....but there is just 1 winner..I like this kind of contest

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.