Fri, Sep 20, 3:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: OT Humor - Librarian Action Figure

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 3:36 PM ยท edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 11:17 PM

Attached Link: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/135224851_librarian10.html

Of course this is a stereotype...no question about it...but still rather fun as an idea. The ejectable hair bun, however, seemed slightly extreme....not to mention, dangerous.

tien_avielle ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 5:06 PM

I really like the concept of "What if everyone read the same book." - If it was a GOOD book, what an impact that could have on a society! As to the action figure, I make them myself! So, of course, I think "real people" action figures are terrific! (I only do custom heads, and put them on decapitated action figures from the Goodwill store.) Fisher-Price should have thought of this! There isn't one librarian in their inventory!

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 5:09 PM

The problem is, of course, that librarians actually look like everyone else. There is no uniform for them, no physical requirements that unites them. You could meet Anna, our red headed and tatoo'd information librarian and not guess she was in the same profession as our tall and hulking Supervising Librarian Charles, or that either of the two of them were in the same career path as our deputy director who dresses in bright orange and purple and drives a red sports car. Still, I think it is a funny idea.

tien_avielle ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 5:27 PM

Actually, one of the first heads I made was of a librarian (-: Perhaps this is the start of a trend! We could have a "Fisher-Price Library" to go with our "Fisher-Price House." Then, we can utilize the services of miniature artists and promote a new genre of miniature authors, haha... filling the little library with little, illustrated books. (-:

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 5:30 PM

Well, we could also have a little bookstore so the authors could have a place to sell their wares, and a little publishing house. Maybe tiny agents for the authors??? And, of course, readers. They need readers. :)

tien_avielle ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 5:41 PM

Hahaha - I'm really getting into this idea (-: I also build structures (doll house scale) - Tee hee, love the tiny agents idea! (Small, but highly motivated!) - and, indeed, the world needs more readers! As to the stereotypes, it certainly doesn't apply. I have known 3 librarians personally. The head was of a male, bald on top, 8 inches of lovely reddish brown hair down the back, wearing many ornaments of pagan design. (He was also my best friend, which is what prompted the modeling.) Another was a female, who was in special ed classes through high school - In adulthood, they discovered her dyslexia (she became a head librarian!). The other stole a man from me - no comment, but she won't get a custom head modeled after her, unless I attach it to a voodoo doll, haha.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 5:51 PM

I suppose if our little authors sell their rights to the movies, we'll also need little producers and directors and actors. And a little theater for the playwright among us. And a little coffee house for the poets. Our new downtown libray is going to have an art gallery, so don't forget that.

Shoshanna ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 6:45 PM

Make sure there is a tiny internet cafe, so they can all come online and join Renderoslty, or start their own websites. :-)

tien_avielle ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 7:04 PM

Somebody please write this story! - I'll build the town in 3d and illustrate, lol! Imagine - a place where we all can be published, famous, and hang out together - our librarians will always direct clients to OUR works ! (-:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.