Thu, Sep 19, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Anyone had thois problem in poser 5? No material room?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 11:19 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:49 PM

file_67206.jpg

yep that is what I said no material toom, this room will not open no matter what I do, what can I do to fix this?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2003 at 11:52 PM

Ok Im patched with the new sr3 patch. Im running a pentium 3 164 megs of ram drive space sucks I got lots of models on my hard drive so my space is limited to about half a gig now. speed is 133 mhz Id like to get this fixed now but if I have to ill go out and buy a new computer with gigahertz of speed and memory,Im just wondering if I should get a descktop or a notebook.

Momcat ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 12:04 AM

With that kind of a system, I'm surprised you can do anything at all with P5. No offence meant, btw, it's just that P5 really requires at least 500 megs of RAM to perform basic functions with any sort of consistancy and your processor speed is highly inadequate. P5 takes up about half a gig of space just by itself. You definitely need a more powerful system.

mikachan ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 12:29 AM

try resetting factory settings. Mine acted like this when I upgraded to sr1, and that is what I was told to do. I don't know if it works, I went back to a previous copy...

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 12:33 AM

thatr was the first thing I did factory setting did not work, I think the problem may be that I dont have enough memory or drive space to open this window.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 12:35 AM

So Im going to Buy a Area 51 Alien Hardware compute, Keeping in ind Ill need 500 megs just to open the materials editor, hope poser 5 runs faster because it looks like a great program, By the way my current system can render and load figures with no problem and all the other rooms are working, Hmm My comuter what it is must give a pretty good kick for poser 5 to even open.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 12:53 AM

I can run P5 just fine with my puny 256Mb Ram. On a P4 2GHz processor, but still, runs fine. Slower than P4 but not unbearable. The reason why I mostly use PPP is coz that's the one I'm more familiar with. And of course it IS a little bit faster. Poser 4 is on it's own physical HD while P5 is just crammed in somewhere on my "all the other stuff" HD. Doesn't seem to matter too much. I'm sure it'll run faster with more RAM, but saying that P5 can't run with anything less than 512 is nonsense.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 12:53 AM

Open the file /runtime/prefs/Poser UI Prefs_.xml in a text editor. Then look for
""
The following line should start with
"<CustomData winLeft="35" winRight=...".
This line contains for values that look like this:
materialFrameLeft="423" materialFrameRight="1045" materialFrameTop="115" materialFrameBot="881"
These determine ths size of the material window. Edit to your needs and save.

Kaylic ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 2:56 AM

Mesh, i used to occasionally have that as well as other glitches when I had 256 ram. I recently got 512 and it has'nt happened since so I would say it's most likely your ram.

iamonk ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 4:42 AM

Occasionally the material room has to take it's good ole time to open. On your system, it could be a lack of resources. I have 1.5GB RAM, the pause is probably about 5-7 seconds, and doesn't happen all the time. It only has this with the Material room. You must be quite patient to run P5 on less than 2GHZ of processor.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 5:44 AM

You might also make sure you don't a lot of little things running in the background. I would shut down anything that checks in with your cpu. Marque

3ncryptabl3_lick ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 10:13 AM

Stewer! Great tip buddy! I'm writing that one down for future use/bastardization :) I love the fact poser uses xml. I'm just waiting for someone to come along and hack up that gui a bit. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but hey, I'm sure alot more can be done.

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 9:44 AM

Late on this but, I would save that little old pc, put a plant on it, and rub it every morning for good luck with your new one. This problem may return.. try minimizing whole window and restore. then hit poseroom. close parameter box (gets printed through sometimes). hit materialroom again. No good? Look at bottom bar of your screen. Is there a button that says open? Right click and close. This is all I have on this at this point. P5 wigs out if there are any overlaps of screen functions. "Tools" look a little close to the Pose tab, for example.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.