Fri, Sep 20, 4:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara Studio 3 - Official Press-release.

Ringo ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 7:37 PM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 7:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.eovia.com

Press Release#23 For Immediate Release EOVIA Announces CARRARA STUDIO 3 - Available now for Pre-Orders - Revolutionary Non-Photorealistic Rendering Multi-Hybrid Photorealistic Engine Improved Productivity & User Interface Numerous New Modeling Tools and Enhancements Mountain View, California July 16, 2003 Eovia Corporation, developer and publisher of leading 3D software, today announced the upcoming release of Carrara Studio 3, the smart, affordable and turnkey 3D solution for the Web, print and video. The English/international version of Carrara Studio 3 will start shipping the first week of September 2003 for both the Mac (OS 8, OS 9 and OS X) and Windows platforms, but can be pre-ordered now to ensure priority delivery. Sporting an elegant and simple-to-use interface, Carrara Studio 3 offers a complete solution for 3D modeling, animation and rendering. Aggressively priced at $399, Carrara Studio 3 combines the features and price that creative professionals, educators, students and serious hobbyists are looking for. Carrara Studio 2 was unanimously recognized as the best value on the market, said Antoine Clappier, CEO of Eovia. In version 3, Eovia adds no less than 400 new features and improvements, bringing the price/feature ratio to a level never seen before. In the rendering department, Carrara Studio 3 introduces Eovia Impression, a revolutionary non-photorealistic rendering engine, and Eovia Photon Reality 2.0, a global illumination renderer with HDRI support. Multiple new modeling tools have been added such as Dynamic Extrusion, a full feature UV editor, a bevel tool, the Eovia Tree Maker and more. For even faster results, Carrara Studio 3 includes major user interface improvements and a Scene Wizard with hundred of pre-defined scenes and shaders ready to be used. The new features of Carrara Studio 3 are entirely based on the feedback of our users, said Antoine. As a reward for their continuous support, Eovia will send free of charge a Carrara Studio 3 Pre Release Beta to all customers who pre-order the product today. Carrara Studio 3s Major New Features & Improvements > PRODUCTIVITY & CONTENTS Scene Wizard - A collection of pre-defined 3D scenes ready to be edited. Never start from a blank, empty page again. User Interface - Improved to facilitate scene navigation, increase workspace & greatly enhance creative freedom. 300 New Shading Presets - A collection of 300 custom-made and professional procedural shaders. Planet Texture Maps A complete collection of high-quality texture maps featuring the Solar System. Texture Maps A collection of high-quality texture maps created exclusively for Carrara Studio 3. General Usability - 400 separate improvements and optimizations have been made. > RENDERING Non-Photorealistic Rendering - Revolutionary renderer that simulates classical art forms (painting, chalk, etc.). High Dynamic Range Image (HDRI) - Truly photorealistic renderings, with complex reflections & lighting. Eovia Photon Reality 2.0 - Multi-hybrid photorealistic rendering engine for faster results and ultimate flexibility. Photon Mapping / Global Illumination - Improved quality and faster rendering times. Sky Dome Illumination - Now included with the RayTracing engine, for faster rendering times and added realism. Raytraced Soft Shadows - Dramatically improved realistic shadows and interactions with raytraced light. Gaussian filtering - Improved anti-aliasing and better control over the sharpness of the final image. Alpha Channel Rendering - Export renderings with selection masks & some transparency to most 2D applications. Volumetric Light Cone & Sphere - Now implemented as true volumetric effects. Per Object Aura Now usable on a per object basis, for even more freedom in creating intricate lighting effects. Depth of Field - Overall quality and usability have been improved, for highly realistic images. > MODELING Dynamic Extrusion Tool - The entirely real-time, creative way to model both basic & complex objects. UV Editor - Full-fledged UV editing tool for total control over texture placement and complex shading. Shading Domains - Allows for even more freedom in texturing a complex model. Vertex Modeler - Dramatically improved with numerous optimizations for a better, faster modeling experience. Subdivision Tool - Enhanced with the addition of Edge Creasing. Spline Modeler Improved for outstanding surface quality. Bevels (Spline Modeler) Instantly add bevels to any shape or logo created in the Spline Modeler. Tree Maker Complete modeling tool to create realistic trees in 3D. > SHADING New Shader Functions - Color Gradient Shader, Curve Shader, Fractal Noise Shader, Environment Shader. Overlay Operator - Combines 2 shaders. > EXPORT WebXport 2 Viewpoint Experience Technology (VET) extension, now integrated into Carrara Studio 3. ShockXport 2 - Shockwave extension, now integrated into Carrara Studio 3. Pre-orders, and Pre-Release Beta Version Bonus Users can pre-order full versions and upgrades of the English/International version now by calling Eovia in the US at 1-866-856-3775 or 1 (650) 938-4178 (outside the US), or connecting to the Eovia webstore at www.eovia.com. Most upgrade paths are offered at a discounted price for the duration of the pre-order campaign, which lasts until September 5th, 2003. As an added bonus, users who pre-order Carrara Studio 3 will also receive a free-of-charge Pre-Release Beta version of the product in the mail immediately. The pre-release beta version of Carrara Studio will start shipping on July 23rd, 2003. The final release version of Carrara Studio 3 will start shipping the first week of September 2003, and will be shipped on a first-come, first-serve basis. Pricing and Availability The English/international version of Carrara Studio 3 will start shipping the first week of September 2003, for both the Mac (OS 9 and OS X) and Windows platforms, at a suggested retail price of US$399. For more information and direct purchase, visit the Eovia website at www.eovia.com or call Eovia in the US at 1-866-856-3775 or 1 (650) 938 4178 (outside the US). Users of Carrara Studio 2, Carrara Studio 1, Amapi 3D, MetaCreations Carrara, Ray Dream and Infini-D will be offered these extremely attractive upgrade offers: Upgrade from Carrara Studio 2 to Carrara Studio 3: US$169 Upgrade from Carrara Studio 1 to Carrara Studio 3: US$249 Upgrade from MetaCreations Carrara to Carrara Studio 3: US$249 Upgrade from Infini-D or Ray Dream (any version) to Carrara Studio 3: US$249 Sidegrade from Amapi (any version) to Carrara Studio 3: US$249 Sidegrade from Carrara 3D Basics to Carrara Studio 3: US$349 New User: US$399 About Eovia Corporation Eovia, a TGS company, was founded in November 2000 with headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in San Diego, CA and Bordeaux, France. Eovia is a young company with strong assets, and benefits from both the savoir-faire of its founders and the legacy of more than ten years of Research & Development and Marketing conducted by MetaCreations, Fractal Design, Ray Dream and TGS. Formerly the home of Amapi 3D, TGS has been in the graphics software business for over 15 years. Eovia Media Contacts North America & Rest of the World France Germany & Austria Emily Sorensen Laurent Billy Stefan Blomberg emily@eovia.com billy@eovia.com stefan@eovia.com (858) 457-5359 x 111 +33 (0) 5 56 13 37 77 +33 (0) 3 88 35 47 12 ### Copyright Eovia 2003. Carrara, Carrara Studio, Amapi Designer, the Creative 3D Modeler, Eovia and the Eovia logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Eovia Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Amapi 3D is a trademark or registered trademark of TGS, Inc. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 11:21 PM

All I can say is this, all you other program users- "Eat my shorts!" This upgrade is awesome. Brings Carrara definetly up to professional level. Go Eovia..looks like they did a great job!

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 11:48 PM

I see some good items in the list (HDRI, dynamic extrusion, bevels, UV Editor, volumetric light et al.). ISTR Raydream had a Scene Wizard, but can't recall the details of it. I hope the Booleans and DOF have been fixed up nicely, too. Booleans would work within some constraints, but they were the source of major problems.

snekkis ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 3:39 AM

Yeah, the next we need now is Poser animation file import from the upcoming Poser 5 for Mac

Right?

Graviton ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 4:25 AM

The UV Editor sounds like an great idea. I love using Carrara.

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Freid ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 5:29 AM

Hi,
400 new features ?
When i go to the feature page, i can see something like 60 blue 'new!'
it just sounds like a marketing bullshit ! :)
Beside of that, thats a good new.
Freid

TOXE ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 9:38 AM

COOOL!!

Ringo ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 11:24 AM

file_67316.JPG

New Depth Of field in CS3 Ringo

tkane18 ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 1:09 PM

Please...stop the teasing. I can't take it anymore! On that note, please post more pictures!

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 2:12 PM

There is a bug in the earlier versions of Carrara, where lists of material names (texture names) imported with Poser wavefront.obj files would be renamed as lists of numbers when the Poser object and scene were saved as a Carrara file. I hope you fixed that one, too. P.S. the DOF looks very good.

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 3:59 PM

Looks like very nice improvements to the render engine. I used to be a "build elsewhere, render in Bryce" but the GI alone moved me to Carrara. Now it is a no-brainer! Whoops. I was about to complain that modelling hadn't improved much, but then I read up at Eovia's own site. There's still a certain dodging around about what was actually done, of course. But....in the vertex modeller (my usual home) a cut tool. Creasing in Sub-D's. Selection type (vertice/edge/poly) -- sounds a little like Wings3D, and is going to be a distinct improvement! Background image....oh, no need to read more; I'm there! The present offer is $149 pre-order, too! Is it just me, or does the new tree editor look a lot like the Tree Druid interface? Are we back to the old days of Ray Dream and other products (with sometimes unique interfaces) folded in?

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 5:24 PM

Wah! I have to wait until July 27 for the Beta to ship!

Ringo ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 6:29 PM

The tree editor its all new...nothing to do with Tree Druid. :-) Ringo

martial ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 7:13 PM

I am perplex about Carrara3 .I am waiting from this new one more stability,more speed and a better,better selection mode.Each time i begin to have a more consequent mesh with Carrara2,the soft becoming so slow (my system: AMD XP 1800 with Win Xp ,One meg DDR ram and ATi Radeon 8500)than finally i return to Rhino 3 for modelling.I hope they have also manage a better workflow for this version

milamber42 ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 8:23 PM

This is definitely a nice suprise! And I agree with snekkis. Now if Eovia or Reiss Studio would develop a Poser plugin for Carrara, I'd be quite happy. I emailed Eovia about it. They replied that they were thinking about it, but they have no plans to develop it. Mabye if more people request it, they would develop it.

Ringo ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 9:01 PM

I know of a Poser plugin to Carrara from a third party developer BUT I can't say more...only that is a major plugin. Ringo

dalelaroy ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 9:31 PM

I guess this derails my plans to upgrade from Cararra 1.1 to Cararra 2.0 for $149 in the near future ;-) I'm wondering, could I do the sidegrade from the bundled version of Amapi 5, that I got with Cararra 1.1, to Cararra 3.0 and upgrade from Cararra 1.1 to Cararra 2.1 for $99. That way I would have both version, with no upgrade restrictions on Cararra 2.1, and could effectively provide my neice with Cararra 2.1 for just $99. Dale LaRoy Splitstone

milamber42 ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 10:14 PM

Thanks for providing the info you could Ringo! Can you at least let us know (if you know) if it will handle animations? I am looking at Vue 4 / Mover 4, but the tree maker in Carrara 3 looks really nice.

Tomsde ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 3:08 PM

I still only have Carrara 1.2 from Eovia, I wish they would offer us the Carrara 3 upgrade price for the same price that Carrara 2 people can get. I also still wish for a Poser import filter, especially in light of their "new partnership" with Curious Labs.

dalelaroy ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 4:03 PM

That would be nice, but I'm not complaining at $229 for the upgrade from 1.x. The only way it doesn't make sense to me is that the upgrade from any version of Amapi is the same price. Dale LaRoy Splitstone

bijouchat ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2003 at 7:10 PM

I wish the golden goose would lay eggs on my lawn. actually it did. To get HDRI for 200 Euro was a steal. I do think its odd however, that the Amapi sidegrade and the Carrara 1 upgrade has the same price.

bijouchat ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2003 at 7:11 PM

(200 euro was approximately the price of the C2 to C3 upgrade with the VAT)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.