Thu, Sep 19, 10:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara stability

eefx ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2003 at 12:42 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 1:01 PM

I am shopping for a cheap and decent modeling and rendering package. I had a copy of Metacreations Carrara and I swear it crashed all the time. Otherwise I liked it and found it pretty easy to use. How is the stability with Version 2 and the patch?

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2003 at 6:27 AM

On a Mac G4 dual processor with OS 10.2 it's very smooth. I have to have my first crash (after some 5 evenings of exploring the new possibilities and limitations of the new hardware and OS software). But I guess you are on PC. An educated, statistics induced guess, you did not mention your OS, so I am rather confident that you do not have any use for my answer...

Vidar ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2003 at 9:51 AM

I dont have any problems with carrara studio 2.1 on my windows pc (windows 2000).cs 2 runs perfect.

mmoir ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2003 at 11:05 AM

Carrara 2.1 runs pretty smoothly on my pc, windows xp home edition 1.6G machine.Carrara 2 has some nice new tools,GI rendering, subdivision modelling,bones . Regards Mike

eefx ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2003 at 1:38 PM

Thanks everybody. I will look into Carrara more than.

Ringo ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 10:24 PM

Please the press-release for Carrara STudio 3. Ringo

hartcons ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2003 at 2:27 PM

Compared to Lightwave 7.5 and C4DXL7 I would say that Carrara 2.1 WIN98SE has been somewhat less stable (I also have a dual-boot with WIN2K and Carrara didn't seem any more stable on that OS); I can't recall the last time I had a crash in either Lightwave or C4D but Carrara crashes (or just gets weird to the point where I have to shut down and sometimes even have to revert to a previous version of a scene or sometimes even start over from scratch) with some regularity. I tend to use a lot of third-party plug-ins and sometimes I wonder if those might be the culprit although it's hard to know for sure. Carrara has gotten more robust over time and hopefully C3 will be even better in this regard than C2. I would imagine that robustness/stability are particularly important for those trying to make money using Carrara (vs. hobbyists who might be willing to put up with more weirdness in exchange for cost-effectiveness and useful features).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.