Fri, Sep 20, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: STAR WARS JEDI CHARACTERS

jedilos ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2000 at 9:51 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

hi im trying to find some star wars jedi characters, hopefullty with cloacks on. can anyone help. Also what does everyone use to make their characters talk? and afetr you do that can you transposrt your characters to a scene in Bryce 4, render it and still see their lips move? PLease if you can help let me know you can also email me at cowboyferrier@hotmail.com

archlite ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2000 at 10:46 PM

Try www.swma.net, the poser props guild and the 3d comic collective. They all have star wars stuff the first one has a large amount of star wars stuff

"But I being poor, have only my dreams. I place my dreams at your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." --William Yeats

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 5:16 AM

The addresses archlite gave you are about the best Star Wars resources I know of. There are a couple of ways to make characters "talk". The first is the very long-winded way - applying phenomes frame by frame (not recommended). The second way is to purchase Mimic from Lipsinc. This sychronises mouth motions to WAV and/or text input. There is an alternative to Mimic, a free web-based lip-synch programme by Underdog. It does need a little tweaking to get perfect, but it's an excellent piece of s/ware. And no, you can't transpose a character to Bryce and still retain the mouth motions. Actually, that's not strictly true, it can be done, but you'd have to export an OBJ file for each frame of the animation and set each OBJ file up in Bryce. Paul

arabinowitz ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 8:06 AM

SWMA doesn't have characters in the way of poser. There are a number of figures in the works that I've heard about or seen early design images of. Also go to the props guild in the character section. There are a number of Starwars figures.

Huolong ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 8:50 AM

Xanxost has the best Starwars poser figures around. Search on "starwars" in this section for Q&A on this subject.

Gordon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.