Tue, Oct 22, 5:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Disguising Michael

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 6:14 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:35 AM

Hi all, I've come to the conclusion that, like Don and Judy, Michael has a "look" that is difficult to get rid of. Unlike Don and Judy though, Michael is not ugly. I'd be interested to know whether anyone has had real success with this, and whether they would like to show off their artwork ? :) Just curious. regards, Andrew

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 6:48 AM

file_67479.jpg

I usually try to make my people look different from the "out of the box" versions. I've even made a character (for sale) that is pretty far from the "ordinary" Michael, he is used in [THIS](http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=290841) image (warning, that pic contains nudity) Also the pic here is technically Michael too, though enhanced with the help of Boris, the morph pack by Capsces. It is a VERY nice help if you want to "un-mike" Mike :o) Btw I don't think Don is ugly, and it's really a shame he is so neglected. Judy on the other hand.... *yeuck*

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 6:53 AM

Hahaha....you sure have made Mike look ugly :) .... very effective, really looks amazing !

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 7:13 AM

Dirk, That's true, but I think he still has Mike's eyes though. Ernyoka, I couldn't help myself, I went and purchased Boris :) Andrew

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 7:14 AM

file_67481.jpg

WHO are you calling ugly?! ;o) This one is Mike with only his own morphs applied. And a texture customized by me :o) Hair is from Kozaburo.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 7:16 AM

On second thought I MAY have used Boris for Darryl too (That's the name of that character...) I'm not sure. I don't think Mik's got that crooked nose by himself.

lhiannan ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 10:34 AM

file_67482.jpg

Here's a completely dial-tweaked character for Michael 2. NO custom morphs or magnets at all.

lhiannan ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 10:36 AM

file_67483.jpg

... And a close-up of the head...

3ddave44 ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 11:43 AM

Here's one Mike I made that people thought was a little un-Michaely

aidan.jpg Dave

3ddave44 ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 11:51 AM

This was another one that's posted here at Ren. : ) "Scott" Dave

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 12:30 PM

file_67484.jpg

Here's a very basic render of a character from the animation I'm planning. He's all stock mike except the texture, which is nordic mike. I think he has a digfferent from mike look.

Huolong ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 1:17 PM

file_67485.jpg

Most Michaels are fairly easy to spot, like these. One's a variation on Dr Sapien whose morph I found on a P4male with an early Mike head on it.

Gordon

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 1:24 PM

Heh that cowboy looks a bit like Lee van Cleef :o) Great character!

Huolong ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 1:30 PM

That's Dr Sapien, aged a little, some minor tweaks. Dr Sapien, as you recall, was a character in Wicked Wanda, a Playboy comic character. The other guy is a tourist in Hawaii from farther west.

Gordon

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 1:36 PM

Sorry I don't recall :o) I've never seen a Playboy IRL.

Huolong ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 2:01 PM

file_67486.jpg

It was in ancient times, from the dawn of history, sometime in the Sixties. But, from the archives of Interpol, these images have just come in of blood relatives of the Michael Clan, known to pirates throughout the South China Seas, as the Chan Clan ..

Gordon

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 4:56 PM

Wow I'm lost for words, you really can disguise Mike :)

Dash ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 5:00 PM

Have you seen Lynnes image? winning entry for the magazine contests, doesn't look like mike to me :)

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 7:19 PM

No, haven't seen it, what was it called, and is it in the R'osity gallery. If so, what is the URL ?

Dash ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 9:51 PM

Attached Link: Lynne Image

You can see it at this link.

gryffnn ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 10:38 PM

file_67487.jpg

Here's some faces from my MikePlusPack for Michael 1. I'll soon be releasing an update with eye morphs that automatically reposition the eyes to fit, etc.

gps ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:06 AM

file_67488.jpg

Standard Mike 2 morphs, with a texture I put together from photographs. Seems like the easiest way to 'un-mike' Michael is to put about fifty years on him :) - Graham

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:38 AM

Graham (gps), I partly agree, but I think the eyes still give it away. That's a great texture, by the way. regards, Andrew

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.