Thu, Oct 3, 1:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: What's up with DAZ Studio? An update is LOOOONG overdue.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 10:20 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:29 PM

Well, it's been nearly six months and not a peep on the site about any progress, updates, news, anything. Is it top-secret? It'd be nice to have a progress update, oh, every three months. It's one thing when you have an application and a major update is announced but no release for awhile. This is different. It's a new application and it has been a long time of silence. Even a "we're still working on it, give it another six months" would be alleviating. Starting to wonder if it isn't going quite as planned. Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Farside ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 1:12 AM

maybe its just as simple as finding out that once they stuck everything they wanted into the proggy, that 90% of the people out there wouldn't have a computer powerful enough to use it for much. Just take a look at how much power V3 takes (and Mike 3 will undoubtible be bigger), now add a much more robust and involved program and it could end up beyond most peoples machines ability to cope. That would kill their "1 million" target pretty fast.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 1:33 AM

Steve Kondris responded over at PoserPros that they're "working heavily on the interface right now".

http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12353

aleks ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 4:47 AM

error: "could not obtain topic informatin" do they have it confidaential or what??

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 5:45 AM

aleks - have you registered at PoserPros? The link worked for me.

aleks ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 5:54 AM

i'm registered and for some reason log-in never happens automatically (probably a cookie thing but all other sites work for me - i have to retype my password only at poserpros) so that's why the link got lost. when i go first to the topic board and then to the thread, it worked. thanks anyway :)

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 6:48 AM

aleks, I had that problem too. Russel told me to delete the poserpros cookies then sign in. It's worked ever since.

aleks ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 7:57 AM

ok, i'll try it :)

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 9:16 AM

Well, my dual 2.66GHz Xeon w/2GB memory should handle it, one hopes. ;-) I really wish them the best luck with Studio and hope that it is every bit what they hope it to be, but the suspense is killing me. For such a long time so many have been perched waiting for this breath of fresh air to the Poser community, commenting on how great it will be and so forth. But, as we all know, an application's success is only defined by its qualities in use not by its purported future possibilities. Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

aleks ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 9:42 AM

but would it stay "poser"-community then? or rather split in poser and studio community? ;)

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 11:19 AM

Possibly a split, but not likely soon. According to what information has been offered, Studio will work with Poser scenes as well as DAZ figures, thus Poser will still be required; at least for some time after its release. The final features of the product are still somewhat sketchy (and dependent upon nongratis third-party plugins), so the amount of reliance on Poser to morph, pose, create scenes, cloth characters is still a possibility. I will predict that if DAZ Studio is all that is claimed, then there may end up being a separate forum here for it. But again, speculation. This is my point. Nothing but hope and speculation at this stage, for all of this time. The only people who have concrete knowledge are the developers at DAZ and the beta testers. None for us end users waiting with baited breath. Kuroyume

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Farside ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 3:53 PM

I think that this type of 3D will remain called Poser... kind of like when people refer to any type of cola as a "Coke". It'll just become the generic name for this type of art no matter the actual program used, especially since "Poser" is so much more cool a name than "Daz Studio"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.