Sat, Sep 21, 1:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Insignificant technical question for curiosities sake

SothArtist ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 11:11 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:46 AM

I have seen a couple fo threads where people have said to use the hip to move the char about rather than the body itself. Was just curious as to why. Thanks! Bruce :)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 12:32 PM

Try moving the Body and then save as a pose - put the Body back at 0,0,0 - apply pose: the Body will stay at the zero position. Poser (4) ignores changes to the Body when creating pose files, though you can create a pose that will affect the body (and body morphs) by hacking a CR2.

SothArtist ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 12:43 PM

ahhh I see! Thaks RH :))

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 3:12 PM

The general rule is this. If you want to save a pose with a figure moved away from the default (0 0 0) position, use the hip to move it. If you don't want your poses to affect the figures' position, use the BODY to move them. I always use BODY for movements. That way I know that any pose I apply will just affect the linbs, and won't ship the figure 20 feet off from the center. mac

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 4:00 PM

But if you are doing a multi-figure set, where you want each figure moved relative to the rest of the group, you use the Hips and the users can use the same shift on the Body-s to position the group.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 9:10 PM

hmm..I'm still at the level of using the hip just to pose, period..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 4:02 AM

The advice to translate figures via the hip dates back to Poser 3. In the days before conforming, posable clothing was fitted by copying the figure's pose to a pose dot, then applying that pose to the clothing. Obviously the figure's position would have to be part of the pose for that to work properly.

SothArtist ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 4:37 AM

Thanks all! I one day hope to create a pose set and all this will be really helpfull! Thank you again!

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 4:54 AM

EnglishBob..thanks for the historical info! When I read it I went 'duh'. Of course. Now, though, with conforming clothing that is no longer necessary and in fact a bad practice. If we want to share our poses use only the Body for position. (Unless it's part of a multi-figure set, or a positioning pose for an environment.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.