Fri, Sep 20, 5:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: OT - Humor - Library Questions of the Weird Variety

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 1:11 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:29 AM

** WEIRD QUESTIONS ASKED OF LIBRARIANS ** ** "Do you have that book by Rushdie: 'Satanic Nurses'?" ** "Where is the reference desk?" This was asked of a person sitting at a desk who had, hanging above her head, a sign saying "REFERENCE DESK"! ** "Do you have a list of all the books written in the English language?" ** "I was here about three weeks ago looking at a cookbook that cost $39.95. Do you know which one it is?" ** "Can you tell me why so many famous Civil War battles were fought on National Park sites?" ** "Do you have any books with photographs of dinosaurs?" ** "I need a color photograph of George Washington [Columbus, Moses, Socrates, etc.] for a school paper I'm writing." ** "I need a photocopy of Abraham Lincoln's birth certificate." ** "Do you have a list of all the books I've ever read?" ** "I need to find out Ibid's first name for my bibliography." ** "Why don't you have any books by Ibid? He's written a lot of important books!" ** "I am looking for a list of laws that I can break that would send me back to jail for a couple of months."

jstro ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 5:50 PM

"Satanic Nurses" - I had one. Took her three tries to give me a tetanus shot! Ouch! "Do you have any books with photographs of dinosaurs?" - Fortunately, my picture has not yet shown up in any books, as far as I know. :-) jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 9:32 PM

must of had the same one trying to get a blood sample from me..only bruises I've had in many a year..;) Do you have a book translating LOC into Dewey Decimal system?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Shoshanna ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 2:24 AM

I would like a copy of that list of all the books ever written in the english language if you wouldn't mind doing an extra print out. Shanna :-)

tien_avielle ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 5:01 PM

Oh, my, geez, and THANK YOU! I really needed this today! Priceless humor!

meico ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 7:08 PM

Hilarious .... but be warned - this now gives me leave to compile and publish a list of extracts from Parents' notes to the Headmaster. Give me a week [going away for a few days to Chester] and I'll post!

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 7:25 PM

Looking forward to it!! We can all use a laugh once in awhile. :)

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 9:31 PM

Can I get a print out of the Internet?

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 9:46 PM

;) Sure, do you want it as a pdf file?

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:44 PM

hey, it could be a Writer's freebie..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.1112.net/lastpage.html

I have a start...well, actually I have the ending.

meico ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 9:13 PM

Nice one,dialyn ... nice one!

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 9:34 PM

I can't take any credit for the idea or the page...but I like it. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.