Tue, Oct 8, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: ~~~ July Poser Forum Challenge Winners!!! ~~~~

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 1:11 AM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 11:25 PM

Congrats!
Patricia - First Place

Kleesbiz - Second Place

Insom Nia - Third Place

TH - Honorable
Tasha - Honorable**

Congrats to all, very well done. We had a great turnout this time and some very spectacular images! The were all very well done.

Patricia, IM me with your theme idea.

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 4:07 AM

Congratulations to the winners and to everybody who participated. Wonderful Images!

TH ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 4:23 AM

I echo Insom Nia's sentiments - Congratulations! - and thanks to those who voted for me - it was my first contest, and it's a great feeling. @Insomnia: Out of curiousity, was the dolphin in the original picture, or from Poser? - Found it very hard to decide. ;-)) Rob

TH ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 4:25 AM
  • Sorry, that should read Insom Nia (not the effect that Poser's starting to have on me) Rob

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 4:40 AM

I take that as a compliment:) The Dolphin underwater was a nice image I found somewhere on the net. I always wanted to make an underwater image. This challenge was the perfect reason to start! It was really a challenge to me because the lights, colors and shadows are so different...and not to forget the matter of gravity (hair). (I had to look at a lot of reference photos since I never scuba dived myself) Dani

ladynimue ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 5:50 AM

Thank you all for entering the Contest - A special congrats to Particia - what an outstanding job of posing, composition, and lighting! I especially loved the rain effect! Some outstanding images from everyone who entered the contest! ladynimue

Terrielee ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 8:05 AM

Congrats to Patricia, Kleesbiz, Insom Nia, TH and Tasha! Your images were wonderful! Congrats to all who entered too! It was a lot of fun! :) Can't wait to see what Patricia chooses for next month's theme!

Tasha ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 8:30 AM

Wait! Slapping self here. No way! Thank you for the honorable mention. I thought that all the images were just great.
Everyone is winners in my book!

rhiafaery ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 9:35 AM

Congratulations everyone. :)

dv8_fx ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 11:09 AM

Congrats to the winners..... and applause to all who took part. Great works everyone.

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 11:51 AM

Warm congradulations to all the winners! Everyone did a wonderful job too! Warm Regards, Nancy (SophiaDeer)

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

Patricia ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 12:30 PM

Wow--Thank you! I was so certain that Kleesbiz was going to win with that killer pic that I kinda voted and went away and forgot about it...!? This was a really tough one to do and I have 3 previous failed attempts sitting in my bulging WIPs folder to prove it ;) I don't think I've ever learned as much about lighting and blending in such a short time. These challenges are a downright wonderful learning strategy! And all the entries were outstanding--we should each try to remember to get them into the Poser Gallery so that more people can enjoy them. I've noticed that a lot of folks never get around to posting them there after the challenge is over (me, included!) :) wanders off to think up a new challenge topic, scratching head and muttering to self

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 3:06 PM

Pat, Congratulations! Arguing with those layers was worth it, now? Surely you have left-over ideas from last time? IIRC, you said that Richard had offered up a platter of them, too. BTW, Yosemite was was grand, even with the thunderstorm. I want to make another trip with a car full of artists maybe 2-3 weeks from now, if you are interested. Carolly

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 7:20 PM

Congratulations, Patricia! You're on a roll! Keep it up! - TJ

amoen ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 7:32 PM

Hello All!
And congratulations to the winners. Check out the Hot 20. Patricia Davis has a great picture posted there too. It's awesome. I love contests. I love Poser and I learn about postwork slowly every day. These contests certainly help you to think in ways that aren't always easy or automatic. I've had fun, and will try again next month!

So many great pictures! Keep it up everybody...8)

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 9:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=213

I guess a URL is worth posting.

Patricia ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 11:42 PM

Thank you :) amoen, you say I made it into the Top 20?! Would you believe, I don't even know where that is listed...? I won't believe it until I see it with my own 4 eyes ;) And if I did, the credit goes to Mary Magdalen and her unforgettable French legend that just sticks in my mind, even now, years after I first heard it... :)

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 1:05 AM

Patricia, go to the Poser gallery and at the top in the 'sort' link list is one that says top 20. You are number 4 of 20. Congrats.

Kcam ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:52 AM

My congrats to the winners. Also wanna add to Patricia's comments about what a great learning strategy Renderosity's challenges and contests create. A little incentive to create a winner is always helpful.

keesbliz ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 2:30 PM

This was fun to do and i enjoyed it thank you all for voting and nice job Patricia. Kleesbiz = Keesbliz :)

Patricia ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 2:55 PM

OOPS! Dyslexia strikes again ;P Sorry for misspelling your moniker. I'm going to keep an eye out for your images in future and definitely show your contest entry to my hubby, who loves to hike in country similar to the landscape you used for a background :)

genny ( ) posted Mon, 28 July 2003 at 1:16 PM

Oh Darn, I totally missed this one.......but I wanted to say Congrats to the winner anyway. (: Great pictures you guys. genny

Foxseelady ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 4:18 AM

Congradulations guys!!! I temporarily lost internet and missed the whole thing! Okay I'm new here so if this is dense please forgive me...could someone point me in the direction to see the pics now??? lol turns red here.

Foxseelady ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 4:21 AM

Congradlations, and thanks for the link. I loved the pictures and yes the dolphin was hard to tell as to wether it was picture or poser lol. I had temporarily lost my internet and missed the whole thing lol so I will post the one I did anyway after all it was alot of work ;) but fun to of course! Again congradulations to the winners; great work!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.