Sat, Sep 21, 9:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Printing Problems With Poser 5

NetFX ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 5:51 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:09 PM

I'm creating some scenes in poser (great scenes!!!), making the post-production in Photoshop 7, but when i try to to print then, they are "greener"!!!

Yes, all my images made with poser, when printed, tends to force to green color. This doesnt happens with any other image made with any other soft like 3dsmax, corel, photoshop...only with poser rendered images, even making the post-production in pshop or printing directly from poser!!!

If somebody thinks: "Some of your color cartridges are empty"...no, they are new ones. This only happens with poser images.

What it could be???

[]'s

Alexandre

varianie ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 7:33 AM

As you say you can print other images without problema this may be a silly thing, but... have you checked youre working in CMYK mode, instead of RGB?

lufra ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:26 AM

I've experienced similar trouble. Converting the RGB image from Poser to printable CMYK, I find that the histograms of each channel has bad ranges. If you know what I mean. E g., the green channel runs from 1, but not to 255 - it makes an steep peak and then an abrupt halt at around 160. The blue and red channels are the same, on other levels of the scale. So, color mode conversion don't help - the scale in each color channel doesn't spread over the whole range. There seems to be some shortcomings in the rendering. ... or maybe I used bad lighting. :)

NetFX ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 8:35 AM

When i prepare something to for printing, i always work in CMYK, but it seens that this doesnt make any diference to rendered images in poser. Like lufra said, the histograms are a bit crazy, i've compared with one image rendered in 3dsmax and the same image rendered in poser, with the same set of lights in both scenes. The histograms have great differences. How can i avoid this type of problem and/or correct it???

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 4:42 PM

Did you try using different file formats when exporting from Poser?

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 6:20 PM

There is actually no reason to work in CYMK, unless you are going to have you pictures printed by an offset printer and are getting into adjusting dot gain and suchlike. You are just making the files 1/3 bigger. If you save your picture out of Poser as a TIF or Photoshop file (or even a JPG, but the others aren't lossy formats) AND open it up in Photoshop AND it looks O.K., BUT it prints green it is a Photoshop problem, not a Poser one. Photoshop is supposed to print it as you see it, that is the whole keystone of digital printing. I used to teach Photoshop, so bear with me here. Remember that little thingee on agjusting the colors that ran the first time you started Photoshop? Photoshop has a lot of ways (like that) that let you do things hopefully right, but often wrong, that will mess up your colors, or gamma factor or printing.

NetFX ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 12:17 AM

Thanks Jim...i've sent you a message =) And thanks to all that replied!!! And if someone else had the same problem that im having, plz explain what you done to correct it!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.