Thu, Sep 19, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: my first real texture worth keeping... (i think)

mikachan ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 11:16 PM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 7:43 AM

file_68915.jpg

Well, here it is, an egyptian inspired texture for the V3 morphing fantasy dress... I used the jewels of egypt from DAZ for alot of it. Just wanted to know what you all think...

mikachan ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 11:19 PM

I used image maps in the material room for texture, displacement, and trans, as well as a couple other things. I would like to make it into a pose that you could double click and it applies like some that I have seen, but I havn't got the slightest idea as to how to do that. Could anyone point me to a tutorial?

Patricia ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 11:29 PM

I have no clue how to answer your question, but it certainly is a beautiful texture! (Now maybe someone with actual Poser5 know-how will come along)

onnetz ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 11:37 PM

There used to be a python script in freestuff that would create MatPose files.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

Cyhiraeth ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 11:38 PM

You mean like a MAT file? If so, I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do it either; however, I'm sure someone on the list that knows how will direct you to the right place.

pizazz ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 11:58 PM

Mat Pose Edit in freestuff The dress is beautiful. If you have problems, IM me and I'll do it for you.

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 28 July 2003 at 12:28 AM

get MatPoseEdit, like pizazz says. You can make your mat pose. There are some tuts available for that proggy as well. You may want an image to show in the library as well and if you find that MatPoseEdit doesn't do that, then use P3D0 by sensoft to make the thumb. You can do a render, save and convert to the right format with sensoft.

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Mon, 28 July 2003 at 7:45 AM

That's gorgeous - and so timely! I was playing around with Anton's Egyptians again, and thought, "You know, I wish I could texture well enough to make something for the morphing fantasy dress, a full-body linen in the Egyptian style..." ;)

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 28 July 2003 at 11:17 AM

lovely work ..just hope you're not planning on distributing it anywhere

mikachan ( ) posted Mon, 28 July 2003 at 11:57 AM

yeah, that's a big prob with it is that I used a bunch of other peeps stuff to make it. It really was me testing me to see if I could. I think I am correct in saying that there is no way it could go in free stuff or anything 'cause of the JOE stuff used. Really I just wanted comments.

Laurie S ( ) posted Mon, 28 July 2003 at 3:26 PM

You can use The Jewels of Egypt Texturing kit to make textures for resale .. but just the kit of base textures that Elusion created for that purpose (Or any other texture kit that was created for that very purpose) .. But you can not reuse parts from a different gown that someone else ;-) made and then redistribute it.

mikachan ( ) posted Mon, 28 July 2003 at 5:30 PM

OHH! I forgot that!!!! I did use some parts of the cameolot dress from daz... whoops... dang... I always do try to remember credit where credit is due, just forgot. Thanx Laurie...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.