Fri, Sep 20, 3:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: OT - A site for the Pun of It

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 28 July 2003 at 3:58 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 8:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.punoftheday.com/

Most writers I know (okay, I don't know that many) enjoy wordplay, so, for those of you who do, here is a little site of puns.

*>Pun of the Day

A pun is defined by Webster as "the humorous use of a word,
or of words which are formed or sounded alike but have
different meanings, in such a way as to play on two or more
of the possible applications; a play on words."

tien_avielle ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 1:17 PM

Thanks, Dialyn ! I don't feel PUNished with word-play, lol (-: (Love the movie, "Airplane," for that reason!)

gambler1650 ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 8:38 PM

What was the phrase I heard once.. "A pun is the lowest form of humor, but the highest form of language." Freud was attributed I believe, at least to the first part... My own punny bone tends to be a bit slow in getting going, so I just tend to do lots of groaning instead, since many of my friends pun uncontrollably.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.