Thu, Sep 19, 11:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: couple newbie questions, sorry!

ebsmooth ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 10:06 PM ยท edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 3:50 PM

hello all, i want to creat a scene with ground based fog instead of it just being at higher altitudes. how would i do this? would i make a sphere and use a volumetric material and place on the ground and expand it? another thing i am trying to make a waterfall, one that is high up on a mountain? i have tried to to just duplicate an existing terrian and used a water material, but i could not get it to look right. thank you in advance for the help and sorry about hitting you with two questions at once. thank you! eb

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 1:08 AM

A waterfall tutorial (the one published in Renderosity magazine issue #2 is on my site, called "The Waterfall". Click the link. guittalogo.GIF
tutorials for beginners

forester ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 8:23 AM

ebsmooth, I'm about to market some waterfall objects. Would you mind testing one for me to see how easy it is for you to use in your scene. (I'm a modeller - not an artist.)Just send me an e-mail address, and I'll send you a URL to download a test version. Is rather a large file.

nish ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 9:29 AM

For the low altitude fog you can just play around 'Fog & Haze' (falloff & altitude) in atmosphere editor. But, if you need the fog in only at certain place, you could use few volumetric spot light (w/light gel) layed down horizontaly... but this works only at night scene though. I know "smallspace" had a tutorial on this, in this forum, unfortunately I couldn't find the link anywhere. PS. eb, that's a very tempting offer from forester, I wouldn't say no to it. :-)

ebsmooth ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 9:53 AM

thank you all for the tips. forester i sent you my email address in an IM, i am looking forward to seeing your model and using it. again thanks for the time and help.

Kutter ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 6:53 PM

Good luck with the low lying fog EB :).. We have ALL strugled with that one in the past.. I dont think there IS a way to do it with good results everytime.. Kutter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.