Thu, Sep 19, 10:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Hot shots from Siggraph!

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 8:31 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:56 PM
Site Admin

We will be posting images of the events at Siggraph over the next few days. Stay in touch to see what is happening. These images are optimized for the web for easy downloading. Hope you enjoy them.

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 8:32 PM
Site Admin

JenyK talking with visitors at the booth.

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 8:32 PM
Site Admin

Larger shot of the booth.

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 8:33 PM
Site Admin

What can I say.... Pixar.

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 8:34 PM
Site Admin

awesome booth at lightwave.

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 8:36 PM
Site Admin

Motion analysis....when the guy spoke the monster in the bottom right corner on the computer spoke as well. very cool.

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 8:37 PM
Site Admin

Curious Labs.

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 8:38 PM
Site Admin

Classes - lots of classes.....

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2003 at 8:39 PM
Site Admin

Got to meet some Renderosity members... very nice to put faces to usernames. More tomorrow. tammy

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 12:57 AM

Great Tammy. Thanks. You have a photo of Vue d'Esprit too?

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 1:38 AM

Sorry I couldn't be there. Overtime at work. Too many people to sue these days. I am so disappointed at missing it.

ladynimue ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 9:44 AM

Ohh this is just Tooo much fun, thanks so much Tammy - almost as fun as being there! I can hardly wait for todays postings :) Hey Eric - the good thing is that there is always next year :) ladynimue

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 9:56 AM

Guitta... I don't think e-on is at SIGGRAPH this year. They are not listed as exhibitors and I haven't seen much about Vue after walking around the exhibition hall a couple of times.

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 11:51 AM

file_69222.jpg

A couple more shots of some famous people that were seen on the exhibition floor. Here is the incredible Spiderman...

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 11:52 AM

file_69223.jpg

... and here is Terminatrix. Dr Evil and mini-me were there too (not kidding) but I didn't get a chance to take a picture.

MadDog31 ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 4:53 PM

Man Siggraph looks like a load of fun. I wish I could have went this year, maybe somehow with some stroke of luck I can make it next year. MD

BillyGoat ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 6:21 PM

You all would have been proud! The people here 'behind the scenes' are so very nice. Nice flow of traffic, and these incredible renders from the galleries pulsating off a good-sized screen (along with techno rock) were mesmerizing. It feels good to volunteer for this community. BillyGoat

tammymc ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 7:31 PM
Site Admin

We were helping Vue with passing out ad sheets for them. They are not here that I can see. Sorry - gebe. agiel - cool pics. you beat me here with the Terminatrix... ah well, your image was better than mine. :) Here are some more images.... Animation Masters

tammymc ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 7:33 PM
Site Admin

Alias Maya

tammymc ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 7:34 PM
Site Admin

More Classes... on just about anything you wanted to learn.

tammymc ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 7:35 PM
Site Admin

Very creative how they had their computers for their classes.

tammymc ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 7:36 PM
Site Admin

whooops here is the image.

tammymc ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 7:36 PM
Site Admin

Computers everywhere....

tammymc ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 7:37 PM
Site Admin

Dreamworks - can't leave those guys out.

sirkrite ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 10:04 PM

Looks like a lot of fun. :)

nemirc ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 11:28 PM

It makes me feel bad for not being there :-( But I'll definitely be there next year and of course I will drop by your booth ;p

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

billmiles ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 1:48 AM

looks like a great show us poor brits can only dream that one day you guys will come over the UK more pics please.

markdc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 3:14 AM

Much thanks to Renderosity for the free pass to Siggraph. I was there all day Tue-Wed and had a great time. I think I'm going to have to rest on Thursday:) -Mark

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:03 AM

Mark - You needt o stop by and see me! I would really enjoy meeting you. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:48 AM

It was really nice to see the Renderosity booth. I will wear my T-shirt with pride! Wish I could run away from work and go again today, but alas the chain is back on in my office... If you get a chance, please take a picture of the Maxon booth. I spent a bundle of money there! Don't forget to get the cool pen from Intel. Lights up! Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

sirkrite ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 1:37 PM

Yup! Every time that pen lights up another Intel chip is born. ;D

allisoncom ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 3:58 PM

Hey Tammy;
Could you post a shot of Joe Grover for us (aka LawnDart)? He's out there pitching Poser 5 Demystified for us at the Curious Labs booth and he just LOVES to be on film!

The truth is, we want verification that he is really at the show, as we're not sure whether he said he'd be out of the office all week working Siggraph or working Seaworld.

Hope you're enjoying the show and beautiful San Diego. Please give our best to Audry - and if she'll let you, post a shot of her as well.

Best regards,
Karen @ 3-AXIS

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:15 PM

Hi Karen, Joe was there and working his rear off. :) Joe is such a wonderful person. We had a few really good conversations. I was able to meet the other folks from CL as well. :) He and I will also be hooking up at Dragon*CON next month as well. ;) I hope to speak with you on the phone in the next few weeks. Joe has my contact information and said he would be getting it to you. Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

markdc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:35 PM

Hey Clint, Sorry I missed you. I went by there a couple times yesterday but I guess I missed you. -Mark

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:31 PM
Site Admin

Sorry just getting to the site and did not get these requests until now... which is too late. I did see Joe...he was working hard. But did not get a pic of him. Peggy, sorry just getting this and don't think I got one of Maxon. Sharing the last of the pics that I took. Here is the team.

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:32 PM
Site Admin

Starting from the left above...ta, billygoat, and the mean one in the shades is Spike.

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:32 PM
Site Admin

Rhino

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:33 PM
Site Admin

Avid

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:33 PM
Site Admin

Eovia

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:34 PM
Site Admin

University of Central Florida

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:35 PM
Site Admin

Matrix

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:36 PM
Site Admin

Genemation

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:37 PM
Site Admin

Industrial Light & Magic

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:37 PM
Site Admin

nVIDA

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:38 PM
Site Admin

Adobe

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:38 PM
Site Admin

Ascension

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:39 PM
Site Admin

VR

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:40 PM
Site Admin

Our booth.

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:41 PM
Site Admin

and more...

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:42 PM
Site Admin

more VR

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:42 PM
Site Admin

Apple

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.