Tue, Oct 22, 2:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Texture Problem

Chris ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2000 at 6:16 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:10 AM

Heya Team, I've just bought the Eagle textures from Zygote and now I have a problem. I'm always using Bryce for my renders but Bryce does not import Poser bump maps. Is there a way to convert this maps so I can use them in Bryce? I think that was asked before but I dont remember the answers :-) Thanks in advance Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

LoboUK ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2000 at 7:20 AM

Do the bump maps comes as JPG files (black and white) or do they come already converted into BUM maps? If they come as b&w jpeg files, you can simply import them into the bump channel of your texture in Bryce and use them like that. If they come already converted in BUM files, you'll need to use a graphics package to convert them to b&w jpegs first. PS and (I think PSP) will read BUM files Paul

Chris ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2000 at 12:35 PM

Thank you Paul for your reply. I have tried to open the BUMP file in PS 5.5 but it wont be found there. Is it possible to rename it to jpg or whatever? Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

cooler ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2000 at 2:26 PM

you can either rename the files, (a colossal PITA IMHO), or you can just set up a file association so your favorite graphics editor will read the .bum extension. Works for me with PSP :-)

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2000 at 7:56 PM

The .bum's are just Windows .bmp format. I've never seen anyone suggest how to restore them to the original, non-edged, b/w images.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.