Tue, Oct 22, 5:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: PZ3 file goes???

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 9:17 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:39 AM

can someone tell me where this goes in the runtime folder?? thanks.

www.oodlesdoodles.com

galactron22 ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 9:25 PM

Pz3 files are poser files, they don't go specificaly anywere, just import them in to poser

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 9:38 PM

so just keep in a folder and use import like i do for backgrounds. thanks

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 9:50 PM

Don't import. Better to double click on it. You will get the complete Pz3 file. That means lights that work right. Yes to the new folder to keep them in.

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 10:07 PM
Dizzie ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 10:21 PM

File/Open

geep ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2003 at 11:14 PM

file_69383.jpg

cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

raven ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:47 AM

just a quick note regarding beryld's advice. If you are going to open a .pz3 by double-clicking, make sure you have a UI dot set with your screen set-up. Do this because opening a .pz3 by double-clicking will open it at the setting of whoever saved it. If after opening it your screen seconfig changes, click the UI dot and get your screen back. :)

bnetta ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:19 AM

thanks geep i got that help image already but, it didn't say what to do with a pz3.lol i do have one other thing about that help image too.... the shrugging man.......how do you add it to the library again??? i don't have a plus sign.... do i just copy the files and then re-write over them a second time??? thanks. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:32 AM

NEVER doubleclick on anything Poser related .. Poser gets weird. Pz3 files are scene files .. just use 'file, open' as someone suggested. geep if you don't mind I've snagged a copy of that excellent image to show to newbies :)

geep ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 3:02 PM

No problem Lyrra. It's in the FreePic domain. I know cuz I put it there ... to help anyone it can. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 4:28 PM

file_69384.jpg

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:10 PM

I have never had a problem with the double click way. "See, you learn something new all the time here.' Said the red faced man. I only use Pz3's for my WIP's. If I get a zip with a Pz3, I will load it then save everything to my file folders, then toast the Pz3. Walks away mumbeling at himself.

bnetta ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:45 PM

file_69385.jpg

ok still need help.lol heres my screen shots.lol then maybe you can help. thanks for trying!

www.oodlesdoodles.com

bnetta ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:47 PM

file_69386.jpg

only some of my library selections like charaters and faces ect... not all show the add sign..

www.oodlesdoodles.com

bnetta ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:48 PM

file_69387.jpg

so when i do get to this then what?? i do appreciate your help.

www.oodlesdoodles.com

geep ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:53 PM

You need to have the item that you want to save SELECTED.
A slected item will be displayed under the display window.
In your last pic, it appears that you have the "Main Camera" selected ...

(look right in between "dr.geep!" and "with image")

Click the small triangle just to the left of where it says "Main Camera" to pull down the menu and then select what you want.

When a prop is selected, the "+" sign will appear and you can save it in the library.

Ok?

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:54 PM

Sorry ... it's not the last pic, but the previous one. ;=[

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:57 PM

When you see the "New Set" window, type the name you want to appear in the library ... (under the thumbnail picture) ... and click "OK". cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:59 PM

Hmmm ... maybe a "Library" tut? ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

bnetta ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 12:25 AM

ok i did the last one pjswings ......in that box i typed in the exact name that is under the shrugging man and you know what.......it asked me about replacing and......then it did but, with the lady on the screen...i thought hm.....i'll put the actual wings up there and do it that way right??.....no go when it replaced it it really did!! now i have no wings just the lady!! lol the camera selection matters as to weather the plus sign shows???? cause my props doesn't have one even when and item is selected...

www.oodlesdoodles.com

geep ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 2:53 AM

bnetta,

It does NOT matter which camera you use to produce the display window.

Use whatever camera you like to produce a good view of the object being saved.

Hint - Use the "Hierarchy Editor" to make everything invisible EXCEPT the item being saved.

After you have the picture with the object that you are saving all set up ...

Use the pull down menu (under the display window) and click on the object to be saved to select it.

Make sure it's name appears at the bottom of the display window before you click the "+" sign.

It is sometimes a good idea to NOT use the EXACT same name as something already in the library because Poser WILL overwrite it.

Try using the same name but add a "1" after it.
That way, if you goof, you will not have lost the first item that was already in the library.

Example:
if ... "pjswings" is already in the library
then ... save the new one as "pjswings1"

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

bnetta ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 1:08 PM

thanks after some trial and error i finnially figured it out... only one thing i had to find out on my own was say a prop is made of a right and left then you have to save it as two both a right and a left. ex: cat ears it comes as right and left but when you pick it they both come up together when you do the save to library you only get the one picked .....right or left so you have to add them both....lol thanks for your time in helping me i'll be back i'm sure!lol netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

geep ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 1:35 PM

You're quite welcome. It's my pleasure. cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.