Fri, Sep 20, 5:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Animation Help

Bill B ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 7:19 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:46 AM

file_69675.jpg

Ok here is a real general question on animation. Can anyone give me an overview of the work flow and theory for figure animations? I am just learning it and I am totally missing something. Im getting really unexpected results such as body part back lash. As well if you have a figure doing something to start with, then completely doing something different ways threw the scene. Im missing something when it comes to key framing theory. I am on P5 I do have a script. I know exactly what I want. But dont have story boards. ( I dont need them) no really! I use to work in the movies ( I know how movies are made) FYI ( Im not being a smart ass ) HE HE I am using the P5 gramps figure. And YES I have read the manual over and over, but Im missing something. To the technical approach. Here is the 1st shot in my movie. Intro Shot to PP (Professor Prototo) Scene # A 1 LONG SHOT: Up angel (Shop is in full frame) Camera: is slowly panning and zooming toward the BNT Shop scene. Camera: starts to rack and zoom inward on PP to a med body shot. Camera is locking in on PP as he turns his head toward the machine, As he turns his head back the machine (MDX 650) kicks in and starts to run As the camera closes in on PP almost to the Med Body Shot PP is startled by the presents of the camera. PP turns to camera End Scene # A 1 Cut To: MED BODY UP SHOT: professor proto head and shoulders. Machine in back round. Professor Proto: Dialog Lines & Animation Action: Talking with shuttle head and arm movements. Dialog # A1 Strong Emphasis: Well! Hello there, my name is Professor Proto, Welcome to the wonderful world of Rapid prototyping. Kind of Funny and sarcastic: Where your concepts become reality and your dreams are only a few mouse clicks away. Kind of twilight Zone (Slowly): I would like to take you on a journey of creation and technical wonderment. Well! Hello there, my name is Professor Proto, Welcome to the wonderful world of Rapid prototyping. Where your concepts become reality and your dreams are only a few mouse clicks away. I would like to take you on a journey of creation and technical wonderment. Thanks much. Any input would help.

Wizzard ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 11:38 PM

It sounds like you have quartanian or loop turned on.. turn that off first.... when you hit an end point in teh movement.. set a keyframe.. move it about 2 frames then set another keyframe. that'll help in preventing excess movement. usually at the end of every movement set a key frame... Poser likes to interpolate where it thinks you want to go.. and usually messes up a bit. 8 ) I hope this helps... the only other thing is that it's a lot like model animation ala Harryhausen. stop motion. Cheers

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 3:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/swingzone2.htm

At the end of an animation segment you have probably already set a key frame which would be correct. Now select that frame and hit the Break Spline button in the Animation Palette. This will prevent the next segment influencing the previous frames and visa versa. As an example you may like to get my free 190 frame Hand Jive pose. You can see from that how I have set key frames with broken splines to isolate each segment of the dance.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.