Thu, Oct 3, 2:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: A thank you & a warning for those considering purchasing Injection Magic.

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 10:46 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

First, the thank you. To the store staff for quick responses to my question. :) And now the warning: If you are considering purchasing Injection Magic, and have the assumption that it will perform as Pozers Little Helper (freestuff) in making injection poses from direct .obj comparisons you will be disappointed. The program uses .cr2 information only. While a good program :) I just thought that should be pointed out in case others like me have the wrong idea on what it is capable of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 1:13 PM

This may be a stupid question, but since I have no knowledge about the injection poses process yet, what is the difference and why is it important? Thanks! Pendy

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 1:36 PM

The difference is Pozers Little Helper makes injection poses from comparing .obj files. Example I make a morph for RDNA's Microcosm. With Injection Magic, I would have to load the .cr2 in poser, add the morph, then resave a .cr2 and then use it to make a morph injection pose. Pozers little helper, examines the morphed .obj against the original and makes injection poses, saving the extra steps of having to load the figure in poser, applying the morph, and resaving. Just few less steps needed to take is all. Like I said, Injection Magic is a good program and it has other options & capabilities, it just don't have that ability ,which, I thought it would.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 1:57 PM

Thanks for the warning. I think there is a place for both of these apps. Personally I have a lot of morphs already in cr2 files, but not in object format, so Injection Magic would probably be of more use to me than PLH.

neftis ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 2:09 PM
Online Now!

Is There a kind of tutorial on how to create inj poses for Pozers Little Helper? I would like to learn how to do?

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 6:43 PM

Concerning Pozers Little Helper.. There is a decent manual.html with it. I don't know of any tutorials. The program is still in beta stage and has it quirks also. It is in the freestuff, search for Staale I just wanted to let people know who do or have used pozer little helper already and may have thought that Injection Magic would work in the same fashion as pozer little helper does, that it will not. But Injection Magic also has other functionality, that Pozer Little Helper does not. P.S. Gildedgecko, I am in no way saying that Injection Magic isn't great for what it does. It just doesn't do part of what I believed it would :)

Migal ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 7:28 PM

I'm curious, bwldrd. Since it isn't mentioned in the features list, why did you think IM would strip morphs directly from a wavefront obj file?

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 7:39 PM

From the product page. "Create morph injection script for proprietary or custom morphs" Seeing as pozer little helper does this by detecting changes in the geomery / .obj file itself, I belived Injection Magic might have done the same. It makes no mention of just .cr2 use only. A morph is a change in the geometry, not the .cr2 is it not? And I make morphs by changing geometries external of poser, not using magnets in it.

Xena ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 8:18 PM

3D Universe's Injection Magic makes SCALE poses, MAT poses, INJ & REM poses, turns IK off, you can include morph setting (dial number) or set to zero, and can even include the figure pose if you want. You don't just have to use Vicki 3, you can use custom morphs for any character that has a definition (automatically identified by IM btw). It does indeed take morphs from a cr2 but I don't recall anyone saying otherwise, so would have to wonder why that would be assumed?

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 8:36 PM

I'm not going to go on all day about why, who, coulda, shoulda, woulda. I have it now and thats that, I just figured since I thought that way possibly others may also. And should be warned before plunking out 20 dollars on something sheesh.

Migal ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 9:04 PM

"Create morph injection script for proprietary or custom morphs"

There is absolutely nothing inaccurate or misleading about the above statement. But, because Injection Magic does it differently than Poser's Little Helper, you post a public warning about Injection Magic?

There are a great many things Injection Magic can do that Poser's Little Helper and Injection Pose Builder cannot do. Are you also going to post public warnings about those products? People might possibly assume they all have the same features as Injection Magic.

My point is this: If people see the warning in the subject header of this thread, but do not read the entire body of the thread, they may think there is something wrong with Injection Magic when that isn't the case.

Xena ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 9:32 PM
  • And should be warned before plunking out 20 dollars on something sheesh- I'll remember to add the following line to my next product release .... Be Warned: You may possibly make incorrect assumptions about this product even after reading the store text. Please be sure to post a warning thread in the Poser forum even after talking to store staff so you lose me possible future sales

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 10:12 PM

Pozers Little Helper is a freestuff so no money lost there. And Injection Pose Builder specifically states that it reads Cr2, fc2, and pz2. Tell me where Injection Magic specifally states that fact. Look people it's not like I said the program is a piece of crap and not to waste your money on purchasing it! I just put up some information that may help someone in the decision as to whether they want it or not. The topic does say "those considering purchase." Not "do not buy this." Nuff said.

Migal ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 11:15 PM

Yeah. Enough said.

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 11:41 PM

Attached Link: 3D Universe

Hi bwldrd, I am sorry that you presumed Injection Magic to work in a specific way. It was designed to allow a lot of functionality and not just creating injection poses. This functionality would not be possible if it was reading from an OBJ file. I have relooked at the wording on the product page and I'm happy that the program does exactly what is advertised. Just a note: >> A morph is a change in the geometry, not the .cr2 is it not? Actually a changed geometry file is simply that - a file. It only becomes a morph when loaded on the original object in a program like poser. Once you have the ability to "morph" between the original and the changed version - it is a morph. Until then it is just an OBJ file. For those considering purchase of any of my products - remember I am only an email away, and I'll happily answer all your questions before you invest your money. cheers, Steve

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 11:47 PM

I only poped in this thread because I saw Xena posted to it and wanted to see what the happs were. I went and looked at the product info, went to Darkwhipsers 3duniverse site and looked at the screen shots. the screen shots clearly show and illistrate that the injection source comes from a CR2 file, even has a huge big red arrow and description stateing that. After reading all the info and seeing the screen shots all I can think is WOW! This ROCKS! it's now on my wishlist. The only thing that Injection Magic does not do apparently is create the inj files that you want from raw OBJ files. Doesn't claim to do that, and seeing all that it DOES do, doesn't even seem to be a drawback. the topic is a bit missleading, but I'm glad that I looked under and read all the posts, definately an application that I'd like in my tool set.

FishNose ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 3:49 PM

And careless. DON'T pose 'warnings' unless you have something to warn us about! Other than your own carelessness. :] Fish

joffry ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 6:01 PM

Hmm,, I got it the other night, spent an hour pulling my hair out, (of course you know i didn't read the directions, I know it all),, well, when I decided to read them and things fell into place, I was thrilled. I managed to make myself 2 nice pose files for LaRoo, and for once, it saved all the face settings, the pose that I had used, textures and everything else. deleted the zero dials. And it did leave me the options of doing all of the above or just a few. And!! I even was able to add Laroo to the list of custom characters,,, major feat on my end for just one sitting. All 3 programs have their uses, PLH, which I love, InjPoseBuilder,which I don't know if you can use on anything but V3 and the new Inj Magic.. These combined with the .png maker for PS, rounds me out a bit.... Now, if I could only learn to read help files before I go bald..

bwldrd ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 10:04 PM

Now that I've had some sleep and can think half straight,I'd like to thank everyone for their replies :) "You made an assumption you shouldn't have. You where careless. You don't know what you're talking about, it doesn't say it will do that." Whatever your opionion, I thank you :) I posted the message here to make sure know one else did what I did and bought the product without FULLY knowing what they where getting. That meant reading everything. And judging from the responses most of you have done just that. While most of you may think it was a stupid post, at least one person was thankful for the information so to me, it served it's purpose. As for why I made the assumption I did. The only thing I have used for injection poses from a morphed geomtry is PLH, it makes them by base.obj against morphed.obj comparison. So thats what I am used to. But it is a beta. Then along comes this great application (which isn't a beta) in which says it can create injection poses from custom morphs. A lot of you you are saying that it doesn't say it will create them from .obj. And you are right, but here on the Renderosity product description, it doesn't give any indication one way or the other as to how it does it, just that it does. It appears most of you seem to think that using the .cr2 to do it is the way everyone knows to create them. But in using PLH I was used to it being done by .obj comparison. I didn't look at the link for more product info on 3DUniverse, so I didn't know it did it by .cr2 comparison. I just went by the Renderosity information (the careless part). Once again, the information here on renderosity doesn't state the process it uses to create, just that it create them. With my post I just wanted to make sure that other who may be used to the injection poses being created in the way I was, would not get it for the same primary reason I did without being fully informed. Now does it make any more sense to any of you?

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 10:19 PM

I bought a Mac thinking it ran Windows because my Intel machine runs windows, I got ripped off. I'm sorry but ask before you buy and read all product information before buying seems to be the lesson of the day. The logic doesn't make much sence to me. The warning which I understand you to let other know about is like standing on a street corner yelling that people should be careful of airplanes crossing the street.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.