Sat, Sep 21, 4:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Space scene: Earth 2025. Comments requested :)

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 6:39 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=463257&Start=1&Artist=draculaz&ByArtist=Yes

file_70110.jpg

image at url. let me know what you guys think. Cheers! Drac

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 11:22 AM

My only suggestionis to tone down the secularity on the planet a bit. Otherwise a good piece of work.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 11:30 AM

or was that specularity? didn't know it was a religeous pic..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Quikp51 ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 12:04 PM

If that's Earth at night then the darkside shouldn't have clouds visible. Also the lighted side of the globe should show bluish tint from the atmosphere and oceans. And yes I agree with Incarnadine tone down the specularity.

Jausse ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 1:49 PM

Same comment: less specularity on the planet, otherwise it looks like a bomb has just exploded ;-) Josselin

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 3:35 PM

hey pakled, are you making nasty comments on my inabulity to type! (grin)

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 9:55 PM

erm... no... thanks for the comments, but I've documented myself on the reflectivity of the ocean from space and the scene is perfectly normal. if the sun hits it like that that region is obviously in daytime, and you can see that by the fact that there are no lights on the earth in the region. it's just black because that fit with the mood of the scene, and i liked it like that. perfectly normal. so that's 'reflection,' not specularity.

robt ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2003 at 4:44 PM

perhaps some well placed negative lights would enhance the contrast between light and dark, especially on the station in the lower right. i think the dark side of the dome could do with being darker, almost black, judging from the direction of the main light in the scene.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.