Thu, Sep 19, 6:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:12 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Hot shots from Siggraph!

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:43 PM
Site Admin

Billygoat and JenyK

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:43 PM
Site Admin

Tearing Down the booths...

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:44 PM
Site Admin

We are done.

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:49 PM
Site Admin

We had a great time at Siggraph this year. I hope you enjoyed the pics. For those of you that attended, please share your experiences. I would like to thank all of our volunteers. Thanks for helping us... Billygoat Ly mooncat I hope that I did not leave anyone out. We greatly appreciated your time and help. It was a blast. thanks tammy

bicycle ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 5:03 AM

great pictures Tammy & crew. Many thanks for posting up for us........ just as well Starbucks are there too eh ? The Ascension motion-capture? kit looks pretty cool <. Did you have a go on the incredable spiderman/haptic vr kit? hope the show goes well for Renderosity, I'd pick up a T-Shirt too if I was over......:)

www.paulspence.com

sirkrite ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 9:49 AM

Look at Poor Clint! Looks like his Eveready battery finally died. Better get him a new one! ;) Great pics! :)

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 10:19 AM

:) LOL, Yea...I was a bit toasty by the end of the show. But, it was well worth the effort. I've heard that Tammy is going to upgrade me to Energizer batteries when I get back home. :) Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

mooncat ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 2:18 PM

hehe! great shots Tammy, I had a great time working at the booth, and it was great meeting you all!

msebonyluv ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 4:35 PM

Although it was my first show, I found it very informative and exciting at the same time. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me. I am trying to plan to go to Siggraph 2004 in LA next year, hope to see you there.

Shademaster ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 4:21 AM

Thanks a lot guys 'n gals for these pics! I couldn't go there myself unfortunatly but thanks to you I have a pretty good impression of how the show was! Seems like everyone has been working their ass off :-) and anything else but coffee was prohibited ;-D

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:53 AM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'm sure being there was a million times better, but these pictures are terrific, Tammy. Thank you very much for posting these up. Good to see some faces to attach to the familiar names. :o)(Poor Clint...) Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Ace10 ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 4:04 PM

Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to post the photos,being in the UK we dont have a chance to see the LW stand.Thanks again

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 4:29 PM

Great shots, thanks so much. I can play some sound tracks of people in a public place and close my eyes and just imagine that I work for a kind benevolent boss who lets me attend these sort of things. Then I open my eyes and have to immediately reach for a glass of wine.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 12:04 PM

Thanks for all those shots ... wish I was there too. Did anyone happen to see any booths utilizing holograms?? Just curious, as that is my business and SIGGRAPH looks like a prime spot for large scale holograms. Thanks, Tim

Spike ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 1:09 PM

Did not see any this year, but did see a few last year. I agree, Sig is your target

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

timoteo1 ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 1:23 PM

Thanks for the report. Yeah, that an E3 is a big one. Do you happen to remember what the hologram(s) you saw last year were like?

Spike ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 2:40 PM

There was one that was done in this 36" half clear dome. They said they could import any 3d model. I did not think it was that great, but the idea was cool...

markdc ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 4:36 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/artistdownload.ez?Who=markdc&fileid=5614&key=128873

I put together a short video of siggraph. The quality is not that good, but it will give you a little taste of the show. It's windows media so I don't think it will work on macs.

-Mark

louisekraz ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 4:49 PM

It was nice to meet the people from Renderosity in person at SIGGRAPH. For those who could not make it this year, I highly encourage you to try next year, even if it just for the exhibits. It is always the best show of the year and you can learn amazing things. LouiseKraz

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 7:16 PM

file_69249.jpg

Here is one of me and Fish. I'm the one with glasses and fish is the one with gills. :) It was great to have the opportunity to meet Billygoat and Spike and see all the rest of the Renderosity gang at the show. Thanks for the kind words Clint. You're an awsome guy yourself. I'm REALLY looking forward to hooking up at D*con. It will be a blast! Karen will be calling you real soon to get the video in the Renderosity store. I can't wait to see you all again next year! All the best, Joe @ 3-AXIS

SndCastie ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 9:06 PM

Great job on the pictures and the vidio thanks for sharing.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

timoteo1 ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 11:19 PM

"There was one that was done in this 36" half clear dome. They said they could import any 3d model." Not sure what that is, but not a hologram. Does sound interesting though, if it could do it in realtime. We can take 3D models and convert them into holograms, but not in real time of course. Actually, now that I think about there was at least one hologram there. We did a small hologram and kinteric bookmark for a company called Oregon3D. It was a Mobius Loop. Thanks for the info. -Tim

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 9:22 AM

What a wonderful time I just had, thanks for the pictures, those computers looked like they were on eisles, what kind were they. Very cool. Sharen

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 1:38 PM
Site Admin

cool clip.. thanks for sharing. had a blast! glad to see joe and fish pics up. it was apple computers on the eisles. :) it was very creative of them. thanks tammy

DeathBrain ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2003 at 4:13 PM

Wow...great clips, thank you so much for sharing with us..:) Viva Renderosity Team :)

tenjobara ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2003 at 5:31 PM

It was great to see you guys at Siggraph this year. I was hoping to be able to see more people from online at the show, but didn't really meet others. Maybe next time.

Thanks for posting the photos up. It's a great reminder of the show.

I'd love to get a Renderosity T-shirt, but...... there's no white T-shirt!!! It is HOT here in southern California...... maybe next year you guys will make them in white.

SteelShark ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2003 at 10:05 PM

Hey, thanks for the free tickets to Siggraph! I took my son, a budding artist, to the animation gallery. We both absolutely loved it. Course had to leave him home for the exhibition, but I had a great time seeing all the exciting stuff coming out. Your booth looked great! And like I said at the booth, you need to advertise your magazine more! Nate, the Sub guy.

vshane ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 12:40 AM

these are great to see, thank you for sharing them with us!

kupa ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 11:45 AM

Great pics! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Tim and Tammy, Clint and crew. Ta and Jenny, it was a pleasure seeing you two again. Spike sorry we missed each other, I was only at the show for Thursday. Got in around 11:30 on Wednseday night- a very long motorcycle ride from Santa Cruz, and upon arrival Josh Reiss had my party hook-ups all scheduled. The next day on the show floor was a bit blurry but fun none the less. Siggraph is like a 3D family reunion, it's great to see you folks join the fold! Steve Cooper

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 11:52 AM

Coop, I missed you by around 5 min or so. I was at the Rhino booth when you came by... I was all ready to be your bitch on your ride.. Gonna have to drive over the hill one of these days and hook up...

kupa ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 12:02 PM

You'd look funny as my bitch. ...well, you always look funny, but that's another story. ;) I'm around next week. Let's hook-up.

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 12:10 PM

I got your cell, I will call you. I am off the Sonoma right now.. Mrs. Spike and I are going to spend a few days there. I will call you Sunday or Monday...

thebert ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 1:25 PM

ClintH It was very nice getting to talk to you. I'll be thinking about what you say. Thanks thebert ps. I will not forget Tim face as we talk. Thanks

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 4:08 PM

thebert, It was indeed a pleasure to meet you in person. :) I really enjoyed our conversation. Talk with you soon, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

davidm ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2003 at 5:44 PM

Hi everyone!

Siggraph just happened to co-incide with my once-in-a-lifetime trip to visit friends in San Diego!

I just wanted to say what an absolute pleasure it was meeting the team at the Renderosity Booth! I was really thrilled to get to Siggraph, all the way from Scotland, UK!

Thanks again Renderosity team for the free pass! (and the fab 'Rosity hat I purchased kept me cool during my stroll 'round nearby beautiful Seaport Village).

What a FANTASTIC Summer!!!

Dave :-)

tammymc ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 11:49 AM
Site Admin

It was a pleasure meeting you as well. I loved the scottish accent. Hope you enjoy the US. :) tammy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.