Sun, Oct 6, 8:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Optimizing MTs for V3

Momcat ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 12:36 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:26 AM

Ok, I have made a new cheek morph for V3, but even after traditional squishing, it still weighs in at just over 1MB. I'm still trying to figure out how these injection things work, and how they store all the deformation info in such a small size, and without using OBJs. Can someone please point me to a good tutorial?

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 12:44 PM

Once you add an MT to a cr2 they are converted to deltas. So under the channels section of the bodypart you'll see the name of the MT and the deltas under that (little "d's" and numbers).

The injection poses replace an existing morph's name and deltas.

-Jeff

Momcat ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 12:49 PM

So if I distribute the delta (I would find it where?) with the INJ pose, then other people could use it? I was looking at DW's Injection Magic. Would that help me achieve this, or would the DAZ Injection Pose Builder do just as well for me?

mamba-negra ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 1:05 PM

I don't have DW's tool, but DAZ's only works for DAZ configured INJ stuff, so their's is no use for creating your own custom INJ files (at least not without modifying the resulting pz2 somehow) It is actually easy, though a bit tricky to explain. If it were just a single morph, I could do the inj stuff for you. If you expect to be doing a lot of it, the tool is probably worth it, though. If you want a hand building the INJ file, IM me. eric

Momcat ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 1:14 PM

It's primarily what I purchased ZBrush for, so yes, I expect to be making a lot. This one will be part of a freebie pack. If the tool will automate things for me, then I will probably get it. I should learn how to do it manually anyway. It will help me understand the technology. I just want to make sure that the utility will do what I need it to do before I buy it.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 1:39 PM

Well, don't take my word for it that it will work, though I think that it should (at least I remember reading it that way...) It really is easy to do, though doing dozens of them could probably get kind of time consuming. If you have access to a program like Morph Manager (freebie for windows) and a decent text editor, you can do it without anything else. eric

Jaager ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 1:52 PM

The V3 head is really huge. The deltas for relatively minor morphs can be more than a complete V1 head. The injection is easy. You just put the whole morph, instead of just the dial setting lines, in a pose file and then make sure the channel name (targetGeom ____) for this morph is one that matches a channel in the figure CR2. DAZ has provided 50 empty channels (slots) for just this use. PBMCC_01 --- PBMCC_50 It can conflict with other 3rd party morphs that use the same slots, but it will not interfere with any DAZ morphs. You can use your own slots, but then you must provide users with the means and directions to get those slots into their figure CR2 files.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 2:22 PM

pardon, but how do you create your own slots? i've been wondering about that when so many people seemed to be saying that if the slot wasn't there to begin with, you couldn't make a new injection.

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 12:21 AM

cobaltdream, You can only inject delta information into an existing channel. This is why Daz has made extra blank channels in V3. Injection Magic can create empty channels in a CR2 for you, but unless the person that you are distributing your injection morphs too has their figure set up with the same channel names, your injection morph will not work. Injection Magic can also inject morphs into standard morph channels, so you can create injection morphs for any of the older figures (Posette, Dork, V1&2, Stephanie, Mike) too. cheers, Steve

Momcat ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 6:17 AM

Hmmm...For V3, could you provide the new channels on a cr2 of V3 Blank, to be transferred via Morph Manager?

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 7:29 AM

er not quite sure what you mean Momcat - could you explain a bit? cheers, Steve

Momcat ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 9:13 AM

"Injection Magic can create empty channels in a CR2 for you, but unless the person that you are distributing your injection morphs too has their figure set up with the same channel names, your injection morph will not work." V3 Blank has no channels of her own, but you can move channels from V3 to V3 Blank by using the copy function in Morph Manager. If I wanted to distribute a V3 based character that uses all new channels (I don't want to override any existing ones that the consumer might want to add), could I legally distribute the V3 Blank cr2, that has had only those new channels assigned to her? The customer could then transfer the new channels to their own V3, and use the injection poses for the new character. I'll ask DAZ, just to be sure, but I can't see why it would be a problem, since none of the V3 geometry or DAZ channels/deltas, etc, are being transferred, only custom ones.

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 9:15 AM

Yep - you'll have to check with Daz on this one... cheers, Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.