Fri, Sep 20, 6:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: TUTORIAL ON HDRI MAPS

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2003 at 12:20 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 4:49 PM

Attached Link: HDRI TUTORIALS

If you whould like to learn how to use the HDRI Render in CARAARA Please goto www,kirksaavedra.com or use the link above. if you need HDRI MAPS you can get them there aswell. the tutorial will show you how to use them in carrara..

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2003 at 11:55 PM

Has anyone used this tutorial and found it usefull? I whould like to do more but dont want to wast my time if no one wants them. Please let me know if you liked it or what tutorials whould you like to see. thanks kirk saavedra

JasenJ1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 10:49 AM

It's a nice introduction to basic HDRI use. The one Ringo did is pretty nice, too. (http://www.gamers-cafe.com/HDRI.viewlet/HDRI_viewlet_swf.html) One question: In a scene I am currently working on, I have an HDRI set as the background, but I have the skylight turned off and things seem to render nicely. If I turn on the skylight, then everything goes very dark and I can't seem to get the lighting right even with various adjustments to the HDR and skylight intensities. Am I doing something wrong?

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 2:23 PM

Thats because you need to flip the HDRI MAP right side up. in my tutorial it shows you how to do it... I hope this helps..let me know. kirk saavedra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.