Fri, Oct 4, 4:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: A couple ?'s from a newbie

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 5:17 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:25 PM
  1. I want to create some of my own mat's, is there a recommended size that the Jpeg needs to be....ie 600x600/1000x1000... 2. Is there any way to select a certain portion of an item & apply a certain effect or different texture 3. This involves importing from poser. Once you have created your scene in VUE, How do you position your characters correctly? Like if I want someone lying on a rock/mountainous structure. Or can I bring a Vue scene into Poser where I could have more control over how my characters interact with the scene???

spider1313 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 7:45 PM

Hmmmm, I'll leave #'s 1 & 2 to those more experienced with the material editor (which luckily for you...is just about everyone else '-)!! As for positioning your Posers, what I have found to be a great help is to create a quickie render inside VUE with, say the rock or tree that you want your Poser sitting/lying on/hiding behind, and then...back in Poser, import this render as a background picture! Then work your Posing magic!! ==steve

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 8:50 PM

I got that:)Thanks!!!..I guess I should have been more specific...I want to do an underwater scene, let's say a mermaid lying on a rock with her tail half in & half out of the water. With a background pic in Poser I don't think this can be done....I'm thinking it would disappear as if you working with a 2d pic. Then again I haven't done the scene yet ;) LOL...But prior exp. tells me so....the thinking cap goes on.

spider1313 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 9:12 PM

LOL...looks like we may be talking in circles here ;-), but here goes...No, you can't bring a VUE scene into Poser...the background pic is brought into Poser just to visualize the pose as you create it (in relation to the VUE rock props as seen in the render) and then you, back in VUE, would, of course, import this .pz3 you have created and saved and then...hopefully, we/you're in business...LOL! If I'm getting any closer...or for that matter, further from the task at hand, feel free to e-mail at spider1313@rcn.com 'cuz I know we can work this out ;-)!!! ==steve

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 2:15 AM

When you create your own materials (JPEGS), your image should be at least as big in resolution as the final render you wish for your Vue image (mapped object). Often I use smaller resolution, if I just need to map a small object.Mostly 512x512 is sufficient. If you have Mover 4, things are simple. Vue not only imports Poser Pz3, but if you think your Poser Figure doesn't have the exact position, you just go back to Poser and change it there. Your changes will be recognized automatically as soon as you re-open Vue:-). That's one of the greatest, but not the only advantage of Mover 4. Guitta guittalogo.GIF
tutorials for beginners

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 9:58 AM

Thanks to all....I think I've got :).....banging my head on the wall...LMAO

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.