Fri, Oct 4, 10:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Can you name these swords?

Mock ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 10:48 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:19 PM

file_69676.JPG

Just curious to see how long it takes for someone to get the names right, Im making props for a character If you get the names of the swords youll know whom they are for.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 9:42 AM

Twinkle and Icingdeath. Although, if I'm correct in my assumption, your rendition of Icingdeath doesn't quite match the description in the novels.

Mock ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 9:58 AM

I don't remember an exact discription how was it described?

Mock ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 10:09 AM

Crap I just found the reference black adaamantite hilt masterfully sculpted into the likeness of the toothed maw of a hunting cat Hmmmm

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 1:44 PM

Doesn't really say whether it's the pommel or crossguard, though.

Atlanta Cutlery/Museum Replicas is working on real replicas of both swords; they're consulting with Mr. Salvatore himself to make sure they've got the look right.

Icingdeath will be released first (and probably soon); unfortunately, there are no pictures yet. Twinkle will likely be released around December.

illicit ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 8:31 AM

sweetness!! I love that series. Although supposedly magical, i think your blades are a little shiny...

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 9:39 AM

I'd call them scimitars, but that's me.;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

antevark ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 2:02 AM

What series? What am I missing?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 9:07 PM

You're missing over a dozen novels by famed fantasy author R.A. Salvatore. They chronicle the adventures of a heroic drow (dark elf) ranger named Drizzt Do'urden.

In chronological order:

The Dark Elf Trilogy
Homeland
Exile
Sojourn

The Iceland Dale Trilogy
The Crystal Shard
Streams of Silver
The Halfling's Gem

Legacy of the Drow
Legacy
Starless Night
Seige of Darkness
Passage to Dawn

Paths of Darkness
The Silent Blade
The Spine of the World
Servant of the Shard
Sea of Swords

The Hunter's Blade Trilogy
The Thousand Orcs

Drizzt also makes appearances in various anthologies published by TSR/Wizards of the Coast, a few D&D rulebooks, and several Forgotten Realms computer games.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 8:41 PM

Mock, here's another 3D artist's interpretation of Icingdeath:

http://pub34.ezboard.com/frasalvatoreforumsfrm7.showMessage?topicID=425.topic

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.