Tue, Oct 22, 3:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Bullet Holes, Bullet Holes, where are my Bullet holes?

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 7:03 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:21 AM

I remember seeings "bullet holes" being offered. I thought it was in the freebie section, but a search says no. I did a search in the market place also proved unsucessful. Has anyone seen "bullet holes" anywhere?

genny ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 7:27 AM

Attached Link: http://www.propsguild.com

The props guild still has one, but it is no longer a free site and If I remember correctly, so did "ChemicalStudios" and I don't know if that one even exists anymore? genny

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 8:39 AM

There are several types of bullet holes available in clip art collections of every stripe, and they're easy to add into a texture and transmap with any paint program. You don't need a prop to make an effective one.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 8:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.chemicalstudios.com/index1.html

Hi genny, I went to the "props guild" and they did have a "bullet hole". I don't mind purchasing it, but signing up for a month nor more for one item is too much.I did locate "Chemical Studios", but it is now a Brycesite, and no "bullet holes". Thanks though, at least I know there are "bullet holes" out there...somewhere. :O)

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 8:48 AM

JoeyAristophanes, thanks, do you have a "for instance"?

MungoPark ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 10:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=281834&Start=19&Artist=MungoPark&ByArtist=Yes

Something like this ? Transmaps on a square --- Mungo

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 11:09 AM

Real nice job MungoPark, and yes that is one of two kinds of bullet holes I'm looking for. It can be a JPEG, PSD, BIT, as long as I can modify it (create a varation), in Photoshop. 1) Holes in glass 2) Holes in metal

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 11:52 AM
Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 12:16 PM

file_71174.jpg

Yep, thats it. I notice you guys/gals are teasing me, you show me bullet holes, but don't tell me where to get them. You're also going to give me a complex, (show me such great work), Are they free or purchased?, in any case they can't be non-commerical, or copyrighted by others. This is the picture I'm using them for. I want bullet holes in the canopy, and the body of the aircraft.

lalverson ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 12:54 PM

I'd say since you have the mech and it's textures add them to the glass textures.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 1:31 PM

Mungo's glass holes look really good. And the "Koshini Croft" holes look like metal holes (form the rear)...are nice, too.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 1:52 PM

ChuckEvans-I agree, but where are they from? :OP

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 4:26 PM

file_71176.jpg

The metal holes in Lara Kosh were found on the net. I did a search for "bullet holes" and ended up on a site where they sold fake bullet holes to stick on a car. They had a tiny preview of them that I downloaded, and reworked heavily to achieve an acceptable (at leats to my low standards) results. Since you look interested by them, here they are. Happy rendering.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 5:25 PM

Compiler-Thanks I appreicate your offer, but I can't use a copyrighted item. Bummer. It does give me an idea of how bullet holes are made, I had no idea, (except with bullets of course).

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 5:29 PM

What do you think, Phily? Take PS, some ragged polys, grayscale, punch some ragged holes, then bevel (chiseled hard pillow)? Or something like that?

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 6:38 PM

ChuckEvens Photoshop Layer>Style>Bevel Emboss Then use eraser to create holes, experiment with chisel or smooth. Eraser opacity controls depth. The bullet holes in glass are still a problem

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 7:40 PM

Glass still a problem. True. I'm not much of a person to work on texture templates. Scared (and I know my limits). It would seem to take some drawing ability. But what do I know, right? All I can say is that your piece is looking awesome! And you are searching for a bit more detail to make it great. It's an awesome model (though I am waiting for, hopefully, another 10% coupon from R'City before I buy). I have spent MANY hours in MW3 and MW4 (on Microsoft's Gaming Zone). I'd love to create some good battle scenes. I've read about 9 or 10 Battletech books. So, this model is like a present. I can only hope for more. Your piece makes me envious.

genny ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 10:08 PM

Attached Link: http://arc.ireed.net/tutors/archive/psp7/002/index.php

Here's a tutorial done in PaintShopPro, but I am sure you can get similar results using PhotoShop. (: genny BTW....your image is really great!

Jlbrown907 ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 8:59 AM

I also think there are some bullet hole actions/filters on the Adobe website (free).

Philywebrider ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 9:17 AM

file_71177.jpg

ChuckEvans- Thanks for the support. genny-Thanks I checked it out, it is a good tut. Jlbrown- thanks I'll go there now. I tried the metal bullet holes as you can see. I still need the glass holes.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 9:26 AM

Attached Link: http://share.studio.adobe.com/default.asp

Jlbrown907 - is this the site you were talking about? or did you have another in mind. What do I look under? Do you have a link?

Jlbrown907 ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 10:50 AM

Yes, that's the right link. Go to Downloads For -Photoshop (on the left side of your screen), and search for "bullet holes". I came up with 3 items.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 11:03 AM

Thanks Jlbrown907

Philywebrider ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 1:41 PM

Still need bullet holes in glass. :O(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.