Fri, Oct 4, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Go RV'ing anyone?

pauljs75 ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 5:24 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:26 PM

file_71252.jpg

Just one of the works in progress that I've been making in Wings3d. Figured those who don't frequent that forum might like to see this as well. It's modeled using what I call a "template method". Basically you make a template model that has the edges to define the external profile. Then you select areas from the template model that define the various parts and start extracting and building pieces from the extractions. Dunno what use it is, do you think anyone would be interested in an RV model? I'm thinking of putting it in the marketplace for $5 when it's completed.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 7:10 PM

I'm sure there will be folks interested. Nice model.

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 4:59 AM

Yes, Nice! I wants me a real one too! Exellent work!

illicit ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 7:43 AM

I want it for me ma. She's right partial to the periwinkle blue. Message671426.jpg

pauljs75 ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 2:50 AM

file_71253.jpg

Still not done on the RV itself, but figured it would need wheels eventually. So I modeled a type of heavy truck type wheel and tire. I think this wheel looks decent, it seems to have enough detail. I dunno how far I could go as far as the interior is done on the RV. I'd ask for help in developing it, but I'd suppose that could complicate actually putting it on the marketplace. Especially since it would be at (what I'd consider) a bargain price of $5.

Barbequed Pixels?

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2003 at 10:20 AM

Looks pretty good to me. Slightly modified and textured it could also serve as a small bus

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2003 at 12:25 AM

file_71254.jpg

Took the wheel model and duplicated as required. Used bounding box and some minor tweaking to position wheels. Should I go with dualie sets in the rear? (There should be enough room.) The body is complete, so no longer needed the template from which to extract the parts. Any later extractions on which to base newer parts will be from the parts themselves. I wanna do more, but am uncertain how I should do the interior (for now at least.) It looks pretty sweet from the outside though. I may have to play around a bit more with some body panels when it comes to adding lights though. Hopefully the extras will make this RV something special. LOL.

Barbequed Pixels?

bonestructure ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2003 at 3:23 PM

I think it looks fantastic. I'm deeply envious. And yeah, I think dualies on the rear are definitely called for.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2003 at 4:30 PM

file_71255.jpg

Getting these right is kinda a pain in the butt. As vertices along the edges and surface of the headlight reflector piece have to be more or less put into place manually. Making the body panels and wheels was easier than this. It should be worth it when it's done though. Also included in the pic is a screen grab of the stats for the entire model. I think the wheels are the highest costing item as they have the most detail right now. The computer definitely bogs when they are made visible using the geometry graph.

Barbequed Pixels?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.